Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

921 - 940 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
we got 3 in of snow, VERY unusual for us in central texas. i haven't seen that much snow in 25 years. and now that i had my fix, i am good for another 25 years! although i do see how much fun you northern guys can have in this. i never quite realized how much of a mess it makes. garage is filthy and so is the machine. i am also not a fan of windshields, but ordered front and rear ones last night for the cooler rides!

Screenshot 2021-01-11 081106.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-11 081149.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-11 081412.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-11 081306.jpg

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Wee

Holy moly that's different pretty Cool! literally Enjoy be careful
It happened out here in Parker one year in the Parker 400 race but not this year though this weekend supposed to be comfortable

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
Surprisingly only the third time out in this even though I’ve had it for awhile, but first real trip.

We’re down here at Sand Hollow having a blast! Lots to learn and realizing how capable these machines are!

I know this was a month ago, but I'm just getting caught up on my forum reading.
The more you drive the more you get amazed by these little cars..
Go anywhere do almost anything.
These pics don't do justice to the angle my buddies x3 was sitting at. I would say about a 65 to 70 degree angle. He asked for help, I pulled up to where these pics were shot and said just drive out. He did and before I could even take a second pic he was out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know this was a month ago, but I'm just getting caught up on my forum reading.
The more you drive the more you get amazed by these little cars..
Go anywhere do almost anything.
These pics don't do justice to the angle my buddies x3 was sitting at. I would say about a 65 to 70 degree angle. He asked for help, I pulled up to where these pics were shot and said just drive out. He did and before I could even take a second pic he was out.
View attachment 264427 View attachment 264428 View attachment 264429
Haha that’s awesome, great story. Yeah it’s funny, I’ve definitely come up on some, what I thought were steep, rock walls. I get all prepared mentally, have my gf get out to guide me like I’m going to flip over, and then it just drives right up without any issues whatsoever haha.

But now I come up to some obstacles and say “oh this is nothing, I got this”.

Definitely can’t wait to get out with more people though to push it more so I know where it’s real limits are

Here’s another shot from a cool feature we came across. I actually went up in reverse to get to the top because I wasn’t too certain about driving up the normal way from the opposite side lol
Friggin love Sand Hollow

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #925
Nice pics,
We were going into the coves at a desert lake. It takes jeeps and 4x4 like 10 min to crawl up and out of the more rutted and chopped dirt washes. On one such occasion I was waiting for a jeep to make it up with his GF out doing the finger pointing so he would make it up. There were a few more 4x4 down at the bottom waiting to go up. Once the jeep cleared the top I jumped on the throttle and headed down. They guy at the bottom in a trucked out Tacoma only had time to inch forward and start to jester with his hans palms up, what was I doing not waiting for them to finish.
Well by the time his had was only half way up I cleared the bottom right in front of him and his open hand turned into and open mouth and a thumbs up😇

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
40 Posts
Went to Deadhorse cave and Tea Kettle cave today. Didn't mean to go mudding... I hate mud. Spent almost 2 hours pressure washing about 200 lbs off each machine and still not finished. But the wife had fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
40 Posts
China Camp in the Dragoon Mountains, just Northeast of Tombstone, AZ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Used to ride out there when stationed at Ft
Huachuca years ago. Cool area.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another crazy track trip ..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sweet great photos! Guess it like and substrate flotation and traction is key
Yes It all about staying on top and not sliding into tree wells ..lol.It’s more about keeping momentum to maintain traction and not digging down .Bit of a learning curve but figuring it quickly ..we got 2 more big trips planned this year so the pics will keep coming .

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #937
China Camp in the Dragoon Mountains, just Northeast of Tombstone, AZ.

Tell me where you stage and the basics of the ride. I spent a lot of my childhood in st David but never got out there or explored that area.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #938
Went to Deadhorse cave and Tea Kettle cave today. Didn't mean to go mudding... I hate mud. Spent almost 2 hours pressure washing about 200 lbs off each machine and still not finished. But the wife had fun!
I see weavers needle in the background on one photo, where is this ride at?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Easy peasy @EODAZ ! Stage on Middle March Road just north of Tombstone. Some park right off the highway, some go down MM a few miles, dealers choice. Continue down MM road past FR687 (which is also a nice drive along the front side of the Dragoons to Council Rock), past 3 Sisters Ranch, then left onto FR697. Stay right through the parking area and follow up to what I've known as China Camp, USFS shows it as Gordon's Camp. Once up top, there's a low area that was the camp. They're are several trails that go up higher, take a look around! There's also another trail up MM further and closer to Cochise Stronghold, FS345A that we haven't tried yet. If there's time, either continue down MM to Sunsites for bar lunch, or hit Tombstone after the ride! USFS site has a simple map showing the area that helps. Enjoy!

921 - 940 of 940 Posts