Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

901 - 920 of 941 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Locals call it P Mountain along Shey Road the real name is Black Peak look in the back ground sometime ago they painted the P up there

Originally I started out going to at Ace hardware store but the day was nice on the way back instead of the highway I took the Parker race course home and out to the spectators area and back

Lot’s of folks out there some off roaders some snow birds

·
Administrator
2,757 Posts
Locals call it P Mountain along Shey Road the real name is Black Peak look in the back ground sometime ago they painted the P up there

Originally I started out going to at Ace hardware store but the day was nice on the way back instead of the highway I took the Parker race course home and out to the spectators area and back

Lot’s of folks out there some off roaders some snow birds View attachment 263823
Lol...that looks like our yearly hangout....in the bottom of MP1 wash on Parker side.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Well you got a surprise if you get back out here, they repaved Shea road smooth now. I cant remember did I ask you have you been out to Shea & Swansey to see the snake petroglyph ?

·
Administrator
2,757 Posts
Well you got a surprise if you get back out here, they repaved Shea road smooth now. I cant remember did I ask you have you been out to Shea & Swansey to see the snake petroglyph ?

View attachment 263832 View attachment 263833
I now see your dropped pin is a couple miles before our MP1 Osburne wash camp spot, but is close.

Wow...finally that road section is a smoothie?...unbelievable! Did they do from 95 all the way to MP0? I compromised our F-450 front tire on a pothole one rainy night and tore 8" of tread off, so am glad it is repaired.

We will check out that snake petroglyph this year...been in that area, but didn't realize it was there.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Yes all the way from 95 to the CAP Aqua Duct

There are quite a few folks at the Osborn Wash crossing right now a bit more on weekends a few up on the camp area alongside the wash

The dunes got wiped up pretty good the last windstorm we has but I’m trying to smooth they out a bit each day

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
41 Posts

Found this set a couple months ago while out riding with my ATV club, checking out the damages from a recent fire south of Twin Falls, ID. They're a little singed but heavy as hell.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Went for a spin today,the weather was perfect for a little ride. We headed up to the mesa above Havasu south of Bill Williams just above the bridge on hwy 95

The area closes down January for big horn sheep lambing several Guzzlers up there but no rain to fill the tanks

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I now see your dropped pin is a couple miles before our MP1 Osburne wash camp spot, but is close.

Wow...finally that road section is a smoothie?...unbelievable! Did they do from 95 all the way to MP0? I compromised our F-450 front tire on a pothole one rainy night and tore 8" of tread off, so am glad it is repaired.

We will check out that snake petroglyph this year...been in that area, but didn't realize it was there.
I stand Corrected !! We came back from a ride out to Lincoln Ranch and Swansea on way back we took Shea all the way past Osborn wash where we normally turn to our house and headed to La Piazza for a pizza pie

They did not repave the section from Cattle Guard west to the 95 the section on Tribal ground is still Bad 6 inch deep potholes

But smooth sailing after the cattle Guard

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
41 Posts
Went for a short ride with the wife and kid with thw Maverick and the RZR on the north rim of the Snake River, right around Evel Kenevel was supposed to land. It was cold but dry and not much mud or dust. We found a local secret hodden lake called Vineyard Lake. I have looked for it half heartedly in the past but never did find it until today. Not very big but cool nonetheless. I got the wife and kid behind the wheel in the Maverick really for the first time too. Then we went ti Red Robin for burgers and beer. The kid drove home...

901 - 920 of 941 Posts