Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here at Rugged Radios, we take a lot of pride in our products. Nothing makes us happier than seeing a proud SXS owner take the time to do a clean and professional looking install of our intercom/radios systems. This thread is being started to allow you guys to show off your craftsmanship and ingenuity. We encourage you to post pics, explain your install, or even provide advice to others who are inspired to "Rugged-ize" their Rigs. As always, never hesitate to ask questions, show off, or discuss.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's Really clean! The 686 looks great being flush with the console. I'm assuming you have the off-road cabling, do you have any pics of where you ran the cables to the headsets/helmets?

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
By far my favorite setup so far! Did you run all your wiring through your cage? And did you make the overhead console? Bad ass, man! :)
Thank you sir!

Spent a lot of time planning and acquiring parts to make the install clean. I had my buddys at the sheet metal shop across the way bend that channel for the console and I cut all the holes, trimmed, and welded stuff up.

I did not run the wiring in the cage for a couple of reasons......There weren't that many cables to run since what mounted overhead pretty much stays wired overhead, the rear wind net hides it all pretty well, I wanted the cage to be easily removed for service if needed, and the wire/cable sizes needed would have required larger holes in the tube than I really wanted.

I ran an 8ga pair to the roof to power the light bar, radios, intercom, dome light, whips, and reverse lights. The Ipod was a temporary solution that was replaced by the Lowrance Sonic Hub stereo mounted above the glovebox. I had to run a cable from the low voltage output up for music input to the 686 intercom. The speakers were included in the package, so I put them into some home made pipe cap pods that I sprayed with bedliner.

Couple more:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's my setup. Rugged 660 4 place with helmet kits, a Yaesu FT-2900 radio, Android tablet with Gaia GPS for nav and Spotify hooked to the intercom for music. Customs CNC machined 2" clamp to a PL-259 connector for the antenna. Couldn't find it anywhere so my buddy machined it for me.

IMG_2401.jpg IMG_2405.jpg IMG_2686.jpg Tablet.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts