Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My first set of standard tires are now smooth and I need to order replacement tires. I really want to go larger with out any rubbing issues, but I don’t want to over spend on this.
I’m thinking of moving to 27” Bare Claw tires and add some 2” spacers just to widen the track a bit, but will this work if I remain on the stock wheels? Should I consider something else?

Could 28” fit on the standard wheels with out rubbing issues?

For my driving style I should have purchased a MS but there where non avalable so settled for a clean MT at a good deal, but now want to get her better setup.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I happened to find a nearly brand new set of wheels for sale (used), they are Bear Claw HTR tires on 12" beadlock rims with 4+3 offset and they fit nicely - I am really happy with the look on the Maverick. I can't tell you how they perform because this project happened after winter arrived. Front tires are 9" wide, rears are 11" wide.

I am not sure how to copy the thread here but if you go to page 2 and look for "New tires and wheels for the MT" you can see the details and some pictures.
IMG_1746.jpg

·
Registered
817 Posts
I happened to find a nearly brand new set of wheels for sale (used), they are Bear Claw HTR tires on 12" beadlock rims with 4+3 offset and they fit nicely - I am really happy with the look on the Maverick. I can't tell you how they perform because this project happened after winter arrived. Front tires are 9" wide, rears are 11" wide.

I am not sure how to copy the thread here but if you go to page 2 and look for "New tires and wheels for the MT" you can see the details and some pictures.
As a quick tutorial,
1) to add an entire thread as link to new or existing topic; copy the entire URL, click on "chain link" icon, past that into the URL box, thread topic or new text in that box and click "Insert" to get this: New tires and wheels for the MT
2) to add a specific post only, click on that post number, copy the URL and paste plus desired text as above, then click "insert" to get this: specific post number

Works best on laptop with mouse using "right click" to open link in a new tab while keeping the first thread topic open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts