Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys I want a maverick basemodel my dealer has one out the door 18100$ theres one on here for sale for 12500$ out the door . but it has no warranty at all .its from a good dealer who set it up right and all can am warrant stuff done so my question is do you think itll last , I keep my stuff well maintained and I don't want to abuse it so any comments would help and the 18100 has a five year warranty and I don't have to ship it

·
Registered
711 Posts
base model mav for $18k+? i would walk away. there are dealers here in the south selling the XRS for $16k i had a local buddie go to a delaer here in the south and picked up a base model for $14,xxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought my XRS DPS for 16k. I would walk away from that one. As for the warranty I would want one back in the days of 4 wheelers I didn't care much about a warranty but with the prices of parts on these. I always purchase the extended warranty. Broke the reverse chain on my rzr xp last year it cracked the trans case ended up being about $3k extended warranty saved me there. Now 4 hrs on my maverick and the front wheel splits in 2 pieces takes out the axle and possibly brake rotor. Once again at the shop with warranty paying the expense.

·
Registered
415 Posts
run away..... way to much!!! wish you were closer I have a dealer who would hook you up for base model probably around $14500 out the door

·
Registered
162 Posts
Right before Christmas I purchased a brand new 13 base maverick for $12500. There is no way in hell I would pay $18500 for one that is basically the exact same. Take a deep breath and go search out a deal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just bought my 14 xrs red white and black. Paid 17.3 out the door with doors, harness bar, rock sliders and a 1/2 windshield. Thought it was a decent deal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh and there is a dealer here selling 13 xrs for 14.3

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hes prolly quoting 18k otd on a 2014 model , only the 13's left overs are cheaper

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just bought my 14 xrs red white and black. Paid 17.3 out the door with doors, harness bar, rock sliders and a 1/2 windshield. Thought it was a decent deal.
WOW! I am looking at the XXC and dealer cost from what I understand most dealers discount max around 10%. You got an excellent deal!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I imagine the dealer cost has a lot to do with the volume they sell. If you really search, I am sure you could find a MUCH better deal on a new base model. You might have to make a bit of a road trip to pick it up, but I bet you could buy anywhere in the country, drive to get it and still come out better than your local dealer is quoting you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes the dealer I use sells 3 brands. Kawasaki, Polaris and Can Am. They sell around 1000 sxs per year. They actually had 4 XXC maverick on the show room floor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well thanx guys I found a 13 srx 15500 out the door with a 24 month warranty 3 hours from my house . so im guna give my dealer a chance to match it then im gone!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It pays to shop around! I was after a '14 XRS, but found a good deal on a '13 so I went for it. Super happy with my machine!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well thanx guys I found a 13 srx 15500 out the door with a 24 month warranty 3 hours from my house . so im guna give my dealer a chance to match it then im gone!!
That's not bad if it really does include all of the taxes ,title and doc fees and the assembly fee.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thats a decent deal

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got my max for 18k out the door. I would walk out on that deal

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts