Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im heading out to central utah with maverick max for its first real true all out ride. it currently has 5 hrs, dunes, desert mainly, i know it does have a clutch bolt recall on it according to a local dealer. however there is no time to get it replaced or in for service now. im going to be way out in the mountains miles from anywhere on this trip. i have not had a issue yet with 5 short hours, not sure what bolt come on max, but it does have the recall, change it when its in dealership notice, not a true recall,i have not got any notice from canam either. my dealer said to go enjoy it and when you get back we will change it then and do the 10 hr service at same time. ( which by the way i will do my own service as always). anyone with a max or 2014 maverick with 20 hrs or more and had no issues, would not bother me except my location is miles away and remote. anyone broke a bolt on a 14 max or maveick, a service advisory is not a recall, so if they wanted it done or dont drive it would have recalled notice on it.your thoughts.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Be afraid, be very afraid! I haven't heard of one breaking for a while, nor on a 14 of any type if they are out (other than the max). Hopefully yours is ok, no one can really say. I am heading down to Marysvale this weekend on the Paiute area myself, so if you break down I might come across you. Are you going alone?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You could be fine but it risky cuz you never know when or even if it will blow. I never had a problem with mine and only upgraded the clutches for peace of mind and a little performance increase. Your problem is your going out into the middle of nowhere. Anyone else or another vehicle following you out? Thats the real concern for me. I dont like going by myself just incase something happens.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
274 Posts
I took my 2 seat 1000R straight from the showroom floor to the Local Sand Dunes and rode for 10 hours all weekend. -- No Issue's

At The 10hour service they did the Clutch update and also the starter recall...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hay if you see a max, wave at me....no me and family going. hope to see you there. going to try and see if i can find any creek or river crossings up high somewhere, lots to explore there, never got to deep into it before, but plan on it this trip.
Be afraid, be very afraid! I haven't heard of one breaking for a while, nor on a 14 of any type if they are out (other than the max). Hopefully yours is ok, no one can really say. I am heading down to Marysvale this weekend on the Paiute area myself, so if you break down I might come across you. Are you going alone?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now my dealer did tell me there was no starter recall on my unit. i dont like the maybe issue, but it is what it is, i guess its all good once the bolt is replaced.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not this trip, was there twice last year, i do plan on going new years day which i usually always go then, and maybe in november when it cools off. nice little place up there, i do like it,
You going to be around Sand Hollow at all, going up for Saturday and Sunday with my new Max?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RBRK, you live around there or just going to ride? any great spots you know of that one should go see for sure?? i always just follow the trail...lol.. hope to see you there friend

·
Registered
964 Posts
I live in salt lake but I have been down there 5 times. We stay in Marysvale which is kinda te center of the Paiute trail. You can go a lot of different directions from there. Where are you staying?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clutch bolt recall

Has anyone had problems after there recall with belts or clutches ?? Because i Shredded my belt and blew the clutch 4 miles after getting the recall

·
Registered
998 Posts
3,100 miles on my old clutch bolt with no problems .. Just had the recall and no problems with it either

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I have a 2014 Max and Its got the Update from the Factory. I went to Glamis two weekends in a Row and I have 270 miles on it now and 19.5 hrs. I run with the Clutch cover off out there since there is no water crossings and it keeps the Belt cool and I have no Belt Issues at all.
I did however mark the primary bolt and washers with a sharpie in a nice line and now there all moved. See Picture. 20131116_192409.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The outer sheave and the washers will slip. If you really want to know if the bolt is loosening the only way would be to mark the nut and the fixed inner sheave. If they do not stay lined up, I would think the nut/bolt is backing out on you.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I have a 2014 Max and Its got the Update from the Factory. I went to Glamis two weekends in a Row and I have 270 miles on it now and 19.5 hrs. I run with the Clutch cover off out there since there is no water crossings and it keeps the Belt cool and I have no Belt Issues at all.
I did however mark the primary bolt and washers with a sharpie in a nice line and now there all moved. See Picture. View attachment 6025
yup those 2 washers are slippery and will rotate, that bolt use to over tighten and twist off, its bottomed out now and has a nut with set screw so shouldn't give any of us problems,

where we still can have a problem , is the other sheave on the right that bolt can back out , people say tq correctly and red Loctite it

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
What bolt on the right are you talking about? I haven't had my clutch open yet, will have to do it soon, just to look at it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts