Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Company just bought a 2014 Maverick XRS to go out and do some "marketing" at the race track :D Haven't even had a chance to drive it yet. For now, all racing will be short course (truck/motocross style).

The plan for the first round:
CT Maverick Gusset
CT Race Tie Rod
CT Radius Rod
STM Primary
STM Secondary
Spare G-Force C12 belts
Exhaust (Muzzy?)
Intake (Turn Key?)
Turnkey Nerf Bars
2" Wheel spacers
Misc safety equipment

Ideas for the future:
Turning stock shocks
CT Bumpers
CT Front Sway Bar
Belt blower
Method Beadlock Rims (replaces spacers)

Possible Ideas:
CT Lower A Arms
CT Dual Rate Shocks
Turnkey Delrin Bushing Kit
Upgraded rear CVs

More than open to being told I'm picking wrong parts, getting them in the wrong order, or missing parts...that's why I'm posting.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....I would highly consider having Alex (CT racing) tune your shocks over any exhaust mods......you will be able to run much faster with the correct shock setting than you would with stock setup and an aftermarket exhaust......Also consider having your ECM re-flashed by MrRPM or other company offering this service....It will allow you to get rid of all of the safety features such as the shaft saver and will allow you to raise your rev limiter as well....

·
Registered
545 Posts
My reccomendations:

CR Tuned dual rate stock shocks
CT Maverick Gusset
CT Race Tie Rod
CT Radius Rod
STM Primary
STM Secondary
Belt blower
Spare G-Force C12 belts
CR Race cage & doors
CR bumpers
Upgraded rear CV's
Method Beadlock Rims
Big NO on spacers
Maple Ridge - you running KOREBC?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KORRBC and a few other races being added in the lower mainland this year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
KORRBC and a few other races being added in the lower mainland this year.
PM me with any other events you know of and I will add them to the PacNORE dot com web site. KORRBC is on my list of possible events to race this year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why no spacers? The guys I know that run RZRs swear by them (and/or offset rims).
They add additional side loading to the axle shafts and bearings, change the front steering geometry making the handeling worse.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Use your factory CVT Belt... nothing better as a spare either. The factory intake is junk but less expensive alternatives than a TK intake, that work just as good for half the money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They add additional side loading to the axle shafts and bearings, change the front steering geometry making the handeling worse.
I knew spacers would effect steering angles. Do they really effect them enough to counter the stability gained by the wider stance? Should I be staying stock offset on the rims as well?

Use your factory CVT Belt... nothing better as a spare either. The factory intake is junk but less expensive alternatives than a TK intake, that work just as good for half the money.
Gates belt will be our spare. We'll see how well it does when the stock belt goes. It was a good price and easy to find.

What are the less expensive alternatives? The only one I could find is the Air Raid, and the hood scoop isn't my thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts