Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XRS and I made some adjustments to them. Whenever I go over a little hill too fast and you start to go up, the shocks bottom out. It does it on the slow dips. Also when I slowly go over steep mounds, the front shocks fully extend and it the steering wheel feels like I hit something.

Which one do I adjust to get the shocks not to let the machine dip to bottoming out and also which setting could I do to slow down the extend on the front end so the fronts don't fully extend so fast?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Send AReed a PM and he will get you dailed in. Sounds like your settings are too soft. Your manual will show you which adjuster to turn to stiffen up your compression and rebound. You can make a few adjustments at a time and then test it until its better

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
So if I get what you're saying it sounds like the rear is going through a "g out". Pretty much a litte dip and when the back squats it bottoms out. This is a low speed shock adjustment. Start by turning the low speed compression at the top of the shock 1 full revolution in.
For the front you need to turn in the rebound clockwise all the way in

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
You're going to be limited with the factory spring setup. G outs are one of the hardest things to tune out.
Depending on how involved you're looking to get with your suspension I have a suspension package for $1500 that will get rid of that and several other negative effects of the factory suspension.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
So if I get what you're saying it sounds like the rear is going through a "g out". Pretty much a litte dip and when the back squats it bottoms out. This is a low speed shock adjustment. Start by turning the low speed compression at the top of the shock 1 full revolution in.
For the front you need to turn in the rebound clockwise all the way in
Why rebound in front?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts