Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting ready to price out my off season front end build and can’t find the brace any more. Was planning the bomb proof front gusset, MOAB and the ct shock tower brace. I don’t see the brace online any more, is it gone or am I just missing something.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I thought I saw a FB post they were out, so I called friday to order all my stuff for the new x3 and was told they are done, but the lower support is at powdercoater, advised another week or so.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pretty sure the upper piece has a lower profile so it doesn't stick out of the hood so much, designed so shocks dont have to be flipped if you don't want them to, and the support that used self tappers into the frame is changed.

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
Here is the new setup. It also has a provision to add limiting straps if someone wants them. We are finishing the aluminum pieces up in the CNC machine and then theyll go on the site. I would say the last week of April they will be in stock ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
Here is the new setup. It also has a provision to add limiting straps if someone wants them. We are finishing the aluminum pieces up in the CNC machine and then theyll go on the site. I would say the last week of April they will be in stock ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not that there was anything wrong with the first generation shock brace (IMO), as I have them on both cars, this looks a little more stout, with ample lower bracing. Great job Alex!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Just got my tracking number! I’m so happy, I could cry. After 4+ months, I can finally put my car back together. :in love::big smile::smile::cool2:

BIG thanks to Dave & Alex!

CT Raceworx top notch quality!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My timing is getting better. Just flipped my shocks last weekend and stood back checking it out while thinking now's a good time to add that brace. Had no idea there was a 2nd gen CT brace just hitting the market.
Alex, I've already got your 6 piece brace installed on my 17 XRS X3 and it was designed to tie into the upper shock brace kit. Does this new design brace also tie into the gusset brace? Is there any drilling or frame modification to get this on?

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
My timing is getting better. Just flipped my shocks last weekend and stood back checking it out while thinking now's a good time to add that brace. Had no idea there was a 2nd gen CT brace just hitting the market.
Alex, I've already got your 6 piece brace installed on my 17 XRS X3 and it was designed to tie into the upper shock brace kit. Does this new design brace also tie into the gusset brace? Is there any drilling or frame modification to get this on?
I'm not sure if you have, but it's a very good idea to trim the hood plastic on the outside of where the shocks are. If you don't the plastic tears up the shock stickers.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm not sure if you have, but it's a very good idea to trim the hood plastic on the outside of where the shocks are. If you don't the plastic tears up the shock stickers.
Yeah I trimmed it.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Actually Alex, I had to drill out the middle bolt holes. The bolts wouldn’t fit through the brace or the frame? You might want to check on that? The front end is solid as a tank though! Luv it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts