Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
their website says they're 4-8 weeks out
Some of that may be due to powder coat choice. Not sure how they are handling it now with the crazy state of affairs when it comes to supply chains,,, but when I ordered my kit, the color you chose could change the time. I think at that time they manufactured black regularly,,, but if you wanted a different PC color, it would take longer.

I ordered my limit strap kit a few months ago,,, it took about 6 weeks from order to shipment for that. Pretty sure there are no color options for the strap kit.

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts
Some of that may be due to powder coat choice. Not sure how they are handling it now with the crazy state of affairs when it comes to supply chains,,, but when I ordered my kit, the color you chose could change the time. I think at that time they manufactured black regularly,,, but if you wanted a different PC color, it would take longer.

I ordered my limit strap kit a few months ago,,, it took about 6 weeks from order to shipment for that. Pretty sure there are no color options for the strap kit.
Did you get your limit strap kit from CT as well, or Shock Therapy?

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Well that's a trifecta for CT, so now to see if they have it all in stock! Their website says they're 4-8 weeks out, but I've called and left a message so we'll see.
You'll probably have to wait, but it's worth the wait!

Reactions: jsrich69

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Now you sound like my wife. :LOL: I have time, I have money, but I have no patience!! Lol!
At least you didn't spell it patients, LOL!

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts
At least you didn't spell it patients, LOL!
Exactly! I'm buying all this stuff to keep from being one! You guys scare the money right out of a newbie!! Lol!

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Exactly! I'm buying all this stuff to keep from being one! You guys scare the money right out of a newbie!! Lol!
Money, you can't take it with you!

·
Registered
609 Posts
did you get your limit strap kit from CT as well, or Shock Therapy?
CT strap kit was what I went with. They work perfectly with the CT shock tower brace. I don't like the idea of putting that torque on the shock body. Never heard of an issue,,, I just don't like it.

·
Registered
2021 X3 X rs TURBO RR with Smart-Shox
129 Posts
X3 Poor. Could you please take some more pics of the top mounting point of the straps?
Thanks Jim:cool:

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
359 Posts
X3 Poor. Could you please take some more pics of the top mounting point of the straps?
Thanks Jim:cool:
Does the CT strap have a midway loop sewn in to attach it to the spring? I like that about the ST straps I have. At full compression that strap goes everywhere. Even with the loop, I have some wear on the strap edge from the tire.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Could you please take some more pics of the top mounting point of the straps?

Bottom

Does the CT strap have a midway loop sewn in to attach it to the spring?
They do not. I also like that about the ST version. I'm going to make my own strap leash out of commercial velcro and 550 stretch cord. Cheap, easy, invisible. (y) May end up doing a pair of them per strap if needed to keep them retained.?

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts

View attachment 269743

Bottom

View attachment 269744

They do not. I also like that about the ST version. I'm going to make my own strap leash out of commercial velcro and 550 stretch cord. Cheap, easy, invisible. (y) May end up doing a pair of them per strap if needed to keep them retained.?
I do like the way your CT straps attach at the top, but I don't think the clamp around the top of the shock is a big deal at 20 ft lbs of torque. Thanks for posting pics!

·
Registered
609 Posts
but I don't think the clamp around the top of the shock is a big deal at 20 ft lbs of torque
I'm speaking to the torque/pressure delivered to the shock body by the clamp arrangement due to the weight of the wheel/tire motion coming to full stop by the strap. Not the torque of the attachment bolts.

Again,,, I haven't found any documented issues with the set up at all.

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts
I'm speaking to the torque/pressure delivered to the shock body by the clamp arrangement due to the weight of the wheel/tire motion coming to full stop by the strap. Not the torque of the attachment bolts.

Again,,, I haven't found any documented issues with the set up at all.
Ah, yes. I see what you're saying. That certainly would be some stress to the shock body at an interesting angle, don't know what the effects of that could be over time. Probably not an issue, but I'm no engineer. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts
Well, I hope I didn't screw up, but I went with S3 for a couple reasons, but mainly my lack of patience. They answered when I called, confirmed inventory in stock, and immediate shipment. I called CT, got voicemail and left a message. I think they called me back late in the day, but I was on another call. Called again and got voicemail again. So, I went with S3 against everyone's posts here to go with CT. 🤦‍♂️ I really need to learn to be more patient.

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Well, I hope I didn't screw up, but I went with S3 for a couple reasons, but mainly my lack of patience. They answered when I called, confirmed inventory in stock, and immediate shipment. I called CT, got voicemail and left a message. I think they called me back late in the day, but I was on another call. Called again and got voicemail again. So, I went with S3 against everyone's posts here to go with CT. 🤦‍♂️ I really need to learn to be more patient.
It's not that S3 is bad or anything. Should work out fine. You definitely need to learn to be patient. In these times, nothing happens overnight anymore, or at least rarely.

Reactions: jsrich69

·
Registered
2021 XRS Max RR
69 Posts
It's not that S3 is bad or anything. Should work out fine. You definitely need to learn to be patient. In these times, nothing happens overnight anymore, or at least rarely.
Yep, just have a lot going on with building a house, having moved across the country, etc. and some things just don't seem worthy of spending excessive time on. Everything I read suggested S3 was a quality product, some even prefer their shock tower brace. And Ken Block runs all S3 on his machine, so how bad can it be? :D

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Yep, just have a lot going on with building a house, having moved across the country, etc. and some things just don't seem worthy of spending excessive time on. Everything I read suggested S3 was a quality product, some even prefer their shock tower brace. And Ken Block runs all S3 on his machine, so how bad can it be? :D
News flash for you, Ken Block gets paid to run their stuff.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts