Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
IMO, you still need lower a arms, and rear radius rods. "Then" you should be pretty well set.
I’ve done it to my last two cars. Both different brands. It’s Good security. I’m going to use the stock for a while and call it phase 2. Haven’t seen a 10 bolt rear plate yet and assume someone reputable will expand their insert kits.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anticipation........
Now I’m going to have that song in my head all day.

It does give me time to return my winch bumper for one compatible with the CT bulkhead kit. Also finding limited options for the Warn Axon 4,500lb winch I bought. Rage Fab is taking care of me which is really cool, but I was surprised with the limited options for a close fitting bumper that doesn’t add length or take away from approach angle to fit the CT kit and an Axon.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Now I’m going to have that song in my head all day.

It does give me time to return my winch bumper for one compatible with the CT bulkhead kit. Also finding limited options for the Warn Axon 4,500lb winch I bought. Rage Fab is taking care of me which is really cool, but I was surprised with the limited options for a close fitting bumper that doesn’t add length or take away from approach angle to fit the CT kit and an Axon.
Yeah, since you have time, plan it all out, get what you need. Case in point, the rivnuts / rivnut inserted, and correct drill bit (I believe it's 13/64, but check threads) for when you remove the rivets on the rear skid plate. Get a grease tool for the wheel bearings. Extra oil filters from Rocky Mountain ATV. You get the point, LOL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a shock tower question from a different (possibly stupid) perspective. Since there is already the piece that I thought was a brace from the upper shock mount, is there a brace that uses that stock upper piece and ties into the frame? I always like modifications that don't look like modifications.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
I have a shock tower question from a different (possibly stupid) perspective. Since there is already the piece that I thought was a brace from the upper shock mount, is there a brace that uses that stock upper piece and ties into the frame? I always like modifications that don't look like modifications.
Not that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,373 Posts
Braces improve the look imo.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts