Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm a little confused, when you guys are talking about the shock tower brace do you mean something like the billet pieces from ZRP or CT?
So if I have a ZRP and order the ct bombproof kit do I need anything else?
I don’t think so. Maybe a 12 pack, it’s an all day job from what I can tell

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
2 different things. Shock brace and gusset kit. Pretty sure you're aware of that, not sure what you're asking? Did you order a ZRP shock brace, and the CT Raceworx bombproof bulkhead gusset kit? Both good manufacturers.
I have the billet zrp shock tower mount and dont see how it can help with the shock tower brace, CT looks like the same setup as what I have.
Product Font Screenshot Technology Design

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
I have the billet zrp shock tower mount and dont see how it can help with the shock tower brace, CT looks like the same setup as what I have. View attachment 273071
Oh OK, yeah that's not good. Same as the stocker, just nicer looking. You need a shock brace that ties into the frame. CT Raceworx makes an excellent one.

Reactions: Speed Buggy

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
So do you guys feel the ct shock tower brace is as strong as the others? I have always liked ct stuff but a 3 PC bolt together brace doesnt seem like it would be a strong. It's the same price and looks better but is it as good?

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
So do you guys feel the ct shock tower brace is as strong as the others? I have always liked ct stuff but a 3 PC bolt together brace doesnt seem like it would be a strong. It's the same price and looks better but is it as good?
IMO, the CT Raceworx shock brace is the best one out there! They were the originators of it. All other shock brace manufacturers saw the Gen 1 brace (I have them on both cars, still going strong, no issues), and they put their own spin on it. CT has now gone on to the Gen 2 brace which is even stronger, bolts in better, and is a must have! I recommend it over all others.

Reactions: Speed Buggy

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
I would agree a solid piece like the S3 and TMW is stronger. Bolting pieces together does not create a box and strength that I think the upper shock tabs need.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would agree a solid piece like the S3 and TMW is stronger. Bolting pieces together does not create a box and strength that I think the upper shock tabs need.
Although the boxed design may be a bit "stronger" (debatable in its usage),,,, something else on the car will go long before the CT (or any other manufacturer's) brace does, so I'd say the point is moot.

Get the one you like the look/price/availability/installation of and you're about as covered as you can be with a bolt on strengthening component. (y)

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,372 Posts
Although the boxed design may be a bit "stronger" (debatable in its usage),,,, something else on the car will go long before the CT (or any other manufacturer's) brace does, so I'd say the point is moot.

Get the one you like the look/price/availability/installation of and you're about as covered as you can be with a bolt on strengthening component. (y)
Pretty much. Who has ever said my shocks tower brace failed lol?

Who cares, buy the one you like and bolt it on.

There's nothing to over think here.

·
Official Site Vendor
8,659 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
IMO, the CT Raceworx shock brace is the best one out there! They were the originators of it. All other shock brace manufacturers saw the Gen 1 brace (I have them on both cars, still going strong, no issues), and they put their own spin on it. CT has now gone on to the Gen 2 brace which is even stronger, bolts in better, and is a must have! I recommend it over all others.
Ordered the CT kit a few minutes ago to go with S3 tower brace. That should do it right without getting into arms, racks etc?

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Ordered the CT kit a few minutes ago to go with S3 tower brace. That should do it right without getting into arms, racks etc?
IMO, you still need lower a arms, and rear radius rods. "Then" you should be pretty well set.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,372 Posts
64" machines have pretty tough arms. The 72" arms are a joke imo. So if you have a 72" I would be doing arms.

A rack is not a priority. They don't really break. They just get sloppy. And my $2000 Shock Therapy rack is getting sloppy too after less than 1000 miles. Sand Craft and Hess make rack supports for stock racks.

There does not seem to be an ultimate solution for an X3 rack unfortunately.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
You are good to go. If you have the 72" wide model you may want to address the lower a-arms at some point. You can either be some new lowers or weld in the Taco Kit from Extreme Performance.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts