41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,031 Posts
You already did your shocks ?

Tim
No they are originals still.

I think about 1650 is probably close depending on how much fuel is in it.

See how close my guess is soon. Can't see it being much over 1700.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Okay that is some drama queen shiat right there.

I have seen NO ONE say they hate ST nor that the parts are not quality, they sag or whatever else your alleging. please point me to the perpetrators.

The contention is that some on here and apparently now you included think ST is the only choice.

UTV shocks, Tom Morris like you mentioned is quite capable and as a matter of fact one of the best if not the best hands on guy.

Lets be clear here my Sandcar was built by Justin. I have known him for a 20 years back when he owned Predator sand cars 1999, then Revenge Racing, 2003 and beyond, iI can say not many know as much as he does.

I have spent a lot of time TALKING with various shock tuners , Danny Foddrill , Justin, kevin Mcmullen to name a few.

So the just because uou hit the dunes is another drama statement. While I'm not an expert i have made a point of learning some about off road suspension and have had a long travel sandcar since 2000.

While ST is very good, I chose Tom because I get the owner doing my shocks, if Justin were doing them himself I would have taken it to him very likley.

To alleged there is some " vast right wing conspiracy " ( hope you get that funny) is just as ridiculous as when that statement made the news.

Tim
Drama queen huh...okay sure.

Since you seem to like to argue in pretty much any meaningful thread and drop your cute little innuendos about politics here goes...

Since you clearly can't read and lack any reasonable comprehension besides what you say is gospel here goes. I gave a statement about how I felt general ST parts are of good quality. I gave simple reasoning why some are too hung up on knowing the rates vs needing shock tuning regardless, e.g., you likely won't buy springs from ST then turn around and go to MTS for tuning. Lastly, I then spoke to actually knowing the rates shouldn't necessarily being a sticking point because any decent shock tuner will be able to figure that out, in the event you wanted to use ST springs with another shock tuner. Which again doesn't make sense. The whole point being I don't understand some of the negative feedback around ST. I could care less I have owned just about every spring made from every MFG and every vehicle I've owned has had some custom valve or sprung...some better than others.

My "drama" statement about dunes because it seems most the so called "shock experts" on this forum only care about sand, meaning you if that wasn't clear. There are other parts to this country where there are trees and rocks too but you might have to turn left a few times... Just because you can name drop 5 other people and speak back to the 70's and how you got some cool rail cars doesn't mean squat to anybody. Having 8,200 posts just means you spend more time on a keyboard than just about anyone in this thread, they have names for that as well. Did you get a participation trophy for that or you just like being a Premier Member to feel important? I don't know about you but I prefer to actually sit next to meaningful trophies...

I've talked to Tom as well and more than once, doesn't make me a shock expert and it doesn't for you either. People like you wear out a keyboard too much. Unless you run a successful shop that people ACTUALLY go to, have actual meaningful racing career under your belt and trophies to prove something you are another average enthusiast. If you can't handle other peoples opinion they maybe you shouldn't be on a public forum. It's funny you know the people that actually know the difference between their a$$ and their nose, they are actually out riding, racing, testing, doing R&D. You keep that keyboard warm and MAGA hat clean, you might need it someday to get your AARP renewal notice in the mail (y).

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
Drama queen huh...okay sure.

Since you seem to like to argue in pretty much any meaningful thread and drop your cute little innuendos about politics here goes...

Since you clearly can't read and lack any reasonable comprehension besides what you say is gospel here goes. I gave a statement about how I felt general ST parts are of good quality. I gave simple reasoning why some are too hung up on knowing the rates vs needing shock tuning regardless, e.g., you likely won't buy springs from ST then turn around and go to MTS for tuning. Lastly, I then spoke to actually knowing the rates shouldn't necessarily being a sticking point because any decent shock tuner will be able to figure that out, in the event you wanted to use ST springs with another shock tuner. Which again doesn't make sense. The whole point being I don't understand some of the negative feedback around ST. I could care less I have owned just about every spring made from every MFG and every vehicle I've owned has had some custom valve or sprung...some better than others.

My "drama" statement about dunes because it seems most the so called "shock experts" on this forum only care about sand, meaning you if that wasn't clear. There are other parts to this country where there are trees and rocks too but you might have to turn left a few times... Just because you can name drop 5 other people and speak back to the 70's and how you got some cool rail cars doesn't mean squat to anybody. Having 8,200 posts just means you spend more time on a keyboard than just about anyone in this thread, they have names for that as well. Did you get a participation trophy for that or you just like being a Premier Member to feel important? I don't know about you but I prefer to actually sit next to meaningful trophies...

I've talked to Tom as well and more than once, doesn't make me a shock expert and it doesn't for you either. People like you wear out a keyboard too much. Unless you run a successful shop that people ACTUALLY go to, have actual meaningful racing career under your belt and trophies to prove something you are another average enthusiast. If you can't handle other peoples opinion they maybe you shouldn't be on a public forum. It's funny you know the people that actually know the difference between their a$$ and their nose, they are actually out riding, racing, testing, doing R&D. You keep that keyboard warm and MAGA hat clean, you might need it someday to get your AARP renewal notice in the mail (y).
😂😂😂

Spoken like a true drama queen! 😂

Thanks for the laugh sweetheart!😘

Tim

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
😂😂😂

Spoken like a true drama queen! 😂

Thanks for the laugh sweetheart!😘

Tim
Where does the MOST drama come from on the whole forum? By far?

Nothing but attacking people non stop. Bashing nationalities. Constant insults and arrogance.

You've called me mentally ill on here who knows how many times. But yeah I dunno man.

You are pretty damn....

Poster Book Publication Font Movie

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I can't believe your ass wasn't turfed out of here off the forum long ago.

You are useless.

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
Out of weed are we...?

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
I can't believe your ass wasn't turfed out of here off the forum long ago.

You are useless.
I think thats a personal attack?

Tim

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think thats a personal attack?

Tim
There no other way to put it.

You rarely help anyone. Or contribute anything.

Virtually useless.

I have no intention of going punch for punch with you as far as slinging rude insults. That's how I maybe acted up to about grade 10.

All I'm doing is using humor and having fun with an absolutely retarded situation.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Maybe even beyond useless to the point of harmful.

You've gotten so much stuff deleted on the forum the past few weeks. Because you just can't shut up.

So that is actually a liability to the forum.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
To the OP - if you intend on doing some valving then pick a shock tuner and use the springs they recommend.

As stated the magic is in the valving if you truly want the best ride. I did a step by step process on my shock set up on my old X3. There is a thread on here somewhere.

I started off with just a spring kit, which was a big improvement for the dunes. The spring kit did very little when I hit the hard pack. Next step was some valving changes in the compression adjuster which helped and then ended up doing the full valve job. I have used two different shock tuners on my old X3. The second guy Tom Morris worked wonders on my shocks. So much so I used him again on my new X3.

I had Shock Therapy on my XP1000. They did the full work and it rode awesome.

My suggestion is talk to the shock tuners you maybe interested in and the conversation will lead you to the one you want touching your shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
You pretty much just argued and debated yourself like Dr. Fauchi.

Originally springs are simple and not complicated. No need for something proprietary.

Now say you don't like kits because they are generic. Well, Eibach kits are as generic as it gets pretty much.

And that is the whole point of ST having many more options.

Someone can have the same machine as me and it could weigh 500 pounds more and be set up for dunes. I don't even know if Eibach options would cover that.

This is not Corvettes here where every single car is going to be very close to the same weight. Identical model UTV's vary drastically from person to person.

You say you have all these years experience building chassis or whatever. But don't think you are taking into account different set ups for different terrain. Plus how drastically different 2 of the same model can be after the owner makes it the way they want it with accessories and mods.
You pay someone to make your decisions and people pay me to make theirs, yet here you are.

You made your point the first time. It was just wrong.

All this talk about weight and literally no other concrete data to figure it out? Seems like you should come run this joint over here for a while.

Tell you what, I’ve got a set of knuckles with a 16 degree KPI, center of hub located 5/16” above KPI center, and 2-3/32” from kpi center to face of hub. Customer wants 30” tires and does mostly high speed hard packed clay trails. What should be the scrub radius target and what offset rims do I need to get there?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
To the OP - if you intend on doing some valving then pick a shock tuner and use the springs they recommend.

As stated the magic is in the valving if you truly want the best ride. I did a step by step process on my shock set up on my old X3. There is a thread on here somewhere.

I started off with just a spring kit, which was a big improvement for the dunes. The spring kit did very little when I hit the hard pack. Next step was some valving changes in the compression adjuster which helped and then ended up doing the full valve job. I have used two different shock tuners on my old X3. The second guy Tom Morris worked wonders on my shocks. So much so I am used him again on my new X3.

I had Shock Therapy on my XP1000. They did the full work and it rode awesome.

My suggestion is talk to the shock tuners you maybe interested in and the conversation will lead you to the one you want touching your shocks.

100% useful 👍

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
You pay someone to make your decisions and people pay me to make theirs, yet here you are.

All this talk about weight and literally no other concrete data to figure it out? Seems like you should come run this joint over here for a while.

Tell you what, I’ve got a set of knuckles with a 16 degree KPI, center of hub located 5/16” above KPI center, and 2-3/32” from kpi center to face of hub. Customer wants 30” tires and does mostly high speed hard packed clay trails. What should be the scrub radius target and what offset rims do I need to get there?

What did I say that is wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts

What is your company? Just curious to look up pricing and stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Lol, damn!
2 seater weighs at least 1850 ill bet
64 XDS is about 1500 of the showroom floor. That's around 150 lighter than a 72".

And I don't have that much stuff on it. I do my best to keep weight down. Tires, rims, and front winch and bumper are the vast majority of the weight I've added. Has intrusion bars for deer lol but they are pretty light. Oh yeah and shock tower brace and gusset kit.

ST rack as well but only a pound or 2 heavier than a stock rack.

We will see soon enough..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
All I can say is this thread got out of hand pretty fast !

If you read my post I did not bash Shock Therapy and I did not insult anyone in any way.

The simple fact is ST might have 10 thousand different springs available that are all top quality and won’t ever sag or break but if you are considering a spring replacement ONLY, like the OP first suggested in the post, going with a set that has unknown rates will handicap him if he decides later on to do valving for a complete upgrade, unless he chooses ST for the valving.

All shock tuners will need that information to make an informed decision on how to re-valve for the particular customer’s car and the terrain he rides in. I simply stated a fact and left my opinion out of it. The post was concise and truthful and gave a nod to the gentleman that helped me out with my car, nothing more. While no one debates the fact that tuning a suspension for a particular car involves multiple factors and requires some specialized knowledge, every tune requires some baseline information to be done properly. Known spring lengths and rates are just one factor.

Seems to me personally that this thread got off the rails quickly for no good reason other than “someone said something bad about a company or person I like so I have to defend them”. I didn’t and you don’t.

By all means keep bashing each other as you see fit but in the end, it’s not helping the OP and I mistakenly thought this forum was a great place for knowledge and experience to help those who might not have that in regards to their car. I’d hope I’m correct and not disappointed. Have a great day !

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
All I can say is this thread got out of hand pretty fast !

If you read my post I did not bash Shock Therapy and I did not insult anyone in any way.

The simple fact is ST might have 10 thousand different springs available that are all top quality and won’t ever sag or break but if you are considering a spring replacement ONLY, like the OP first suggested in the post, going with a set that has unknown rates will handicap him if he decides later on to do valving for a complete upgrade, unless he chooses ST for the valving.

All shock tuners will need that information to make an informed decision on how to re-valve for the particular customer’s car and the terrain he rides in. I simply stated a fact and left my opinion out of it. The post was concise and truthful and gave a nod to the gentleman that helped me out with my car, nothing more. While no one debates the fact that tuning a suspension for a particular car involves multiple factors and requires some specialized knowledge, every tune requires some baseline information to be done properly. Known spring lengths and rates are just one factor.

Seems to me personally that this thread got off the rails quickly for no good reason other than “someone said something bad about a company or person I like so I have to defend them”. I didn’t and you don’t.

By all means keep bashing each other as you see fit but in the end, it’s not helping the OP and I mistakenly thought this forum was a great place for knowledge and experience to help those who might not have that in regards to their car. I’d hope I’m correct and not disappointed. Have a great day !
You are correct on several points.

Hopefully the thread has some useful information in it for the OP. Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3
41 - 60 of 96 Posts