Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
908 Posts
I have 1k miles on my ST springs now and they haven't changed heights since the initial set they took. Everyone raves about the ride improvement from aftermarket springs but they're just springs, albeit higher quality. My factory springs were sacked after 500 miles. ST offers product support and has a lifetime warranty on the springs, they're also heavily invested in the industry.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
908 Posts
what in the world happened in this thread....

anyway, i have ST springs only, they work well except in the stutter bumps imo. as you start going a bit faster, the springs are phenomenal, even with everything slow and soft for valving.

could i stand to adjust the shocks a bit better on my xds r, sure, but i dont ride stutter bumps often or long enough to actually do some testing and tuning to get them dialed. i also have everything set as slow as it goes and as soft as it goes. compression is soft, rebound is in i believe to slow them down.

maybe we can get some help with what to actually do with these shocks to make them better instead of arguing about who is better...

I should probably go about 5-10 clicks out from fully seated and try that in the stutters next time out. i dont usually get them packed up, they arent jarring either.

steve
The ST springs I have have more spring rate than stock. With stock valving I need less hi/lo compression dampening and more rebound dampening. A simple explanation is higher rate springs take more force to compress but extend or decompress with more force.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
908 Posts
It seams fairly simple to me, if you don't plan on using ST for shock tuning then don't use their springs. If you do plan on using ST for shock tuning then do use their springs. It seams pretty rare that people are unhappy with Eibach or ST springs and you probably can't go wrong regardless what you choose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts