Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,687 Posts
As far as value for the $ wether it's ST or Eibach, yes it's worth it. Cheap upgrade for what you get.

I personally don't care what the rate is. They ST has far more knowledge than me or anybody on this site really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn’t buy something as simple as a spring with a proprietary design. Suspension isn’t THAT complicated.

Seems like they found a range where the spring rate matches the valving a little better and that’s about it. If you ever decide to upgrade from there, that spring may not be what you need. I’d look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I wouldn’t buy something as simple as a spring with a proprietary design. Suspension isn’t THAT complicated.

Seems like they found a range where the spring rate matches the valving a little better and that’s about it. If you ever decide to upgrade from there, that spring may not be what you need. I’d look elsewhere.

No it's not that complicated. But Eibach has like 3 spring kits. And ST has like 30+ spring kits for X3.

They are able to dial it in far more accurately for your car. We can have the exact same car but mine weighs 1700 and yours weights 2100 depending on accessories we have. Also where the weight is placed on the car like high mounted spare tires. And also your type of riding.

More options = more dialed in. Simple as that.

Nobody has done more testing on cars than ST. Period. Anyone here who thinks they know better with very little exception is sadly mistaken.

You want to go to a shoe store with 3 pairs of shoes? Or 33 pairs of shoes?

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
800 Posts
I have 1k miles on my ST springs now and they haven't changed heights since the initial set they took. Everyone raves about the ride improvement from aftermarket springs but they're just springs, albeit higher quality. My factory springs were sacked after 500 miles. ST offers product support and has a lifetime warranty on the springs, they're also heavily invested in the industry.

·
Premium Member
9,096 Posts
No it's not that complicated. But Eibach has like 3 spring kits. And ST has like 30+ spring kits for X3.

They are able to dial it in far more accurately for your car. We can have the exact same car but mine weighs 1700 and yours weights 2100 depending on accessories we have. Also where the weight is placed on the car like high mounted spare tires. And also your type of riding.

Nobody has done more testing on cars than ST. Period. Anyone here who thinks they know better with very little exception is sadly mistaken.
Wholly shit fanboi, you are a swallower. I applaud you for not wasting a drop.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts

You want to go to a shoe store with 3 pairs of shoes? Or 33 pairs of shoes?
I feel pretty confident the Rube Goldberg machine is more hype than fact.

I do NOT buy they have "30 spring kits"

They do not tell what the rates are so guys like you keep making bigger claims than what really exist.

Tim

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I feel pretty confident the Rube Goldberg machine is more hype than fact.

I do NOT buy they have "30 spring kits"

They do not tell what the rates are so guys like you keep making bigger claims than what really exist.

Tim
They have different part #'s that can be combined in different combinations. Way more than Eibach has.

If I took the time for all the R&D I wouldn't be posting a spread sheet of my findings either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They have different part #'s that can be combined in different combinations. Way more than Eibach has.

If I took the time for all the R&D I wouldn't be posting a spread sheet of my findings either.
When I tell you it isn’t that complicated, I mean that it is simple enough that 30 springs are not required. Hopefully you’re talking about more than just the main spring.

You get a spring that’s within the ballpark you need and set preload and crossover for it. That’s it as far as springs go. If it has to be compressed too much, you order a stiffer spring. You do NOT shop around for a 582.634lb/in spring because your 550 is too soft. You go to the next size up.

I can tell you this about suspension trade secrets:

I’ll gladly pour all my info out there and no one will listen. I’ve done it. Hell, you can’t force them to listen.

Anyone with a scale, a tape measure, and some ingenuity can derive the spring rate. It is not that difficult.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Before you try to start a pissing match, I’ll just tell you up front that you don’t have to waste time trying to explaining suspension to me.

30 spring kits are not necessary. The valving is far more important.

Nothing to really piss about.

Thats how many Eibach has. And that's how many ST has.

If you're under the impression ST is a sneaky lieing deceitful company by all means do not give them the buisness.

But keep in mind the range of weights on these cars on the forum goes from about 1700lbs all the way up to 3000 lbs. And that's on very different terrain, driving styles, and conditions. From mud, to desert, to trail, dunes, and everything in between.

·
Premium Member
14,358 Posts
I'll agree, valving is crucial to suspension success, but I would opt for both, springs and valving.

Reactions: JDBPFLYER

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The springs just hold up the car, The valving is what controls it all....

Tim

That goes right back to post # 4. ST maches the valving.

I'm not saying Eibach is bad by any means. If you're just getting springs within Eibachs range with no valving then for sure a good option.

Want to go the extra mile get ST to do valving is and springs for your specific terrain.

Both good choices. Plus I've seen Eibach logos on ST racecars lol.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts