Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a set of super atv a arms to find out that the shock therapy sway bar links use bigger hardware than what super atv does. Anyone else run into this issue? If so what did you do? I’d hate to have to buy a whole new sway bar and links just to make them fit on these arms

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
My first thought was to drill out this hole to size but come to find out the aluminum sleeve won’t fit into the arm either

·
Premium Member
12,660 Posts
Definitely before drilling anything is check with Shock Therapy tomorrow, and see if they have some type of disclaimer that their links only fit stock arms, or aftermarket arms too.

·
Premium Member
7,979 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stock and aftermarket arms in theory should be the same size hardware, and most cases usually is. But shock therapy only guarantees fitment of the entire sway bar kit to work with stock arms. And only guarantee fitment on stock uppers and some aftermarket lowers on just the adjustable link kit.

·
Premium Member
12,660 Posts
Stock and aftermarket arms in theory should be the same size hardware, and most cases usually is. But shock therapy only guarantees fitment of the entire sway bar kit to work with stock arms. And only guarantee fitment on stock uppers and some aftermarket lowers on just the adjustable link kit.
And there you go.

·
Premium Member
7,979 Posts
Something does not make sense about the sleeve not fitting.

I can see the hardware being larger but that's what the sleeve was for was to make the hardware fit that.

Is the powder coat not allowing the sleeve to fit in the hole or is it off by more than just powder coat?

If it is just the powder then you could just drill the small hole out to fit the hardware like you were thinking after reaming the hole for the sleeve.

Tim

·
Registered
610 Posts
The 17-18 model years had smaller hardware for the front sway bar link connection points. (Can Am)

Looking at SuperATV's site,,, they don' t appear to call out a year option for their arms,,, just a vehicle width. (72") Leads me to believe they make them all with the smaller mounting holes, and it's up to you to drill them out if need be.

As for the sleeves,,, I'm guessing S-ATV didn't think to design their arms with the intention of ST sleeves to fit,,, just the mounting hardware. The ST sleeves have a pretty tight tolerance with the OEM arms. The "tube" SATV uses is probably not the same dimension as the factory UCA mounting tube. Simple mic measurement would be the answer to that one.

I can see the hardware being larger but that's what the sleeve was for was to make the hardware fit that.
If memory serves,,, the intent of the sleeve was actually to make the mounting point on the factory arm more "robust" to keep guys from pulling the eyelet out on the factory UCA. But I may be making that one up. Thought I remember them saying that it in ST's install video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts