Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally took Magoo out for his maiden voyage...........................The suspension work I had done by Shock Therapy is effing unreal. My wife even noticed it!!! We came out of a full size car with 24 inch front and rear with coilover and bypass kings at each corner. Magoo was as good if not better even with the shorter wheel base!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mick was it well worth the investment???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell yes!!! It really is unbelievable even with the shorter wheel base. I kept waiting for the jar.....and nothing!!! I will always have this done as long as I'm (riding, driving....not sure what to call it) on any side by side I buy.
I'm big on suspension........I ride dirt bikes too and even before I ride a new one I send the suspension to factory connection.
But the difference between stock and ST I don't think can be compared! It really is a huge difference and I haven't even played with the settings yet! ST told me it takes at least 100 miles for the springs to break in

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Hell yes!!! It really is unbelievable even with the shorter wheel base. I kept waiting for the jar.....and nothing!!! I will always have this done as long as I'm (riding, driving....not sure what to call it) on any side by side I buy.
I'm big on suspension........I ride dirt bikes too and even before I ride a new one I send the suspension to factory connection.
But the difference between stock and ST I don't think can be compared! It really is a huge difference and I haven't even played with the settings yet! ST told me it takes at least 100 miles for the springs to break in
Good to know it makes that big of difference. I'm good with spending the cash if I get that quality of a ride.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
I finally took Magoo out for his maiden voyage...........................The suspension work I had done by Shock Therapy is effing unreal. My wife even noticed it!!! We came out of a full size car with 24 inch front and rear with coilover and bypass kings at each corner. Magoo was as good if not better even with the shorter wheel base!!!
Mick, what kind of car did you have and hoe long did you have it.

I have been seriously considering getting rid of my car and doing an 18 XRS.

The SXS can do the desert and the dunes. I really like how well the car takes the whoops at the dunes. My wife wouldn't ride in the Maverick because it rode horrible compared to my sand car.

Tim

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts

The SXS can do the desert and the dunes. I really like how well the car takes the whoops at the dunes. My wife wouldn't ride in the Maverick because it rode horrible compared to my sand car.

Tim
Get the XRS, and keep the sand car. You would never get bored.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Get the XRS, and keep the sand car. You would never get bored.
When I had the maverick and the car, getting them both there was a pain. Just seems like nay be able XRS may be a better all around machine. Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts

Tim
I had a Sandcars.net V3SS...............had it for 6 years. Ron Dalke set up the suspension. Basically he removed the valving from the coil over and had all the valving in the bypasses.It was a very nice riding car, but this sxs is something else. My youngest got into racing motocross and I didn't like all the effort to go to the dunes all the time is why we sold the car. Wife talked me into the sxs so we could use it year round like go to the mountains in the summer. I don't miss the summer projects on the car!!! (like packing cv's!!! LOL)

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
When I had the maverick and the car, getting them both there was a pain. Just seems like nay be able XRS may be a better all around machine. Tim
With the suspension dialed in from a shock tuner of your choice the XRS will ride really nice.

Mega did 70+ from Sweet Maria's all the way to vendors through the nasty whoops no problem. That was stock shocks with the Ed Poundsand do it at home set up.

It will never have the power of your sandcar, but it has enough to put a smile on your face in the dunes.

For the dirt throw some 32" tires on it and go have fun.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
With the suspension dialed in from a shock tuner of your choice the XRS will ride really nice.

Mega did 70+ from Sweet Maria's all the way to vendors through the nasty whoops no problem. That was stock shocks with the Ed Poundsand do it at home set up.

It will never have the power of your sandcar, but it has enough to put a smile on your face in the dunes.

For the dirt throw some 32" tires on it and go have fun.

Yup, kISS method.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
My box of threraphy will be at my house when i get home from work thurs testing on Friday . Probably a quick trip to Dumont Saturday cant wait.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
My box of threraphy will be at my house when i get home from work thurs testing on Friday . Probably a quick trip to Dumont Saturday cant wait.
did you do a baseline run maybe on back of comp to north pole to compare to? bet its like ridding on a couch with the upgrade

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone just install their spring kit? Appointments are a month out for valving and bypass. Got a big trip planned next weekend so I purchased the springs for now and was curious if its worth swapping the springs before I go

41 - 60 of 68 Posts