Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glamis-March2017-063.jpg Glamis-March2017-062.jpg

Some of the things Shock Therapy wanted to address were:

1. Stiff ride quality at slow speeds and can’t adjust the shocks soft enough to eliminate this
  2. Stiff ride quality in the small chop and rocks
  3. Harsh compression hit in the whoops at speed
  4. Rear bucking in the whoops
  5. Jumping rear high and nose low.
  6. Low ground clearance contributing to bottoming out
  7. The shocks just felt too stiff or too soft. They don’t have the progressive nature needed to get a plush ride with no bottoming out
More info and videos: Shock Therapy Ride Improvement Systems for the X3 X rs

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
how much is it with forum discount?

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Who's springs do they use?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just had mine done. The car finally handles the way it should. Videos to follow.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I just had mine done. The car finally handles the way it should. Videos to follow.

Thanks guys.
post a vid and tell us what you had done, also what ride stance height you at now?

Matt

·
Vendor
258 Posts
Hi guys. Sorry its been so long but we have been non stop work and race for a month and I have not had time to keep up on this. Our kit for the base and DS is $750 for shock work and $600 for spring kit. Total $1350. Forum discount brings it to $1282.50. Or kit for the RS is $750 shock work and $1000 spring kit. Total $1750. Forum discount brings it to $1662.50. All of our work is same day turn around with an appointment. Thank you

·
Vendor
258 Posts
Our standard internals and spring kit works best with the front sway bar. But, if you like more body roll and independence that running without the front bar would provide we can modify our spring and shock kit to give you more of that or stiffen it to help with not running a front bar. Basically we tune on a per customer basis and all kits can be make to work better with your needs, with bar or without.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Thanks. So when you say modify is it just shock "setting" that you can change up whether someone wants to run the sway bar or not, or are we talking actual "hardware" changes in the springs and valving?

I'm still on the fence about running without the front sway bar. First time I didn't care for the body roll at all but lowering the crossovers the last time out has definitely helped. Still can't drive quite as aggressively as with the sway bar but it sure does smooth out some of the harshness in the chop. Its definitely a tradeoff. Its also nice to see the front suspension working independently of each other.

·
Vendor
258 Posts
We would definitely be changing internals and springs for a not sway bar car. But, if it is the plush factor your trying to get you need not worry about the bar. With our kit we get the front super plush in the small chop and rocks with the bar attached. I think the best thing would be to plush up the ride quality with internals and spring, lower the cross over a bit and run the bar. Way more plush but still less body roll for pushing it harder. Still get the independence in the small rocks and chop your looking for. JMO

·
Vendor
258 Posts
Yes we now have valving and a spring kit for the X3 XRS. You can call our office to set up an appointment to get your shocks into us. 623-217-4959 Gina our Office Manager can help you with your appointment.
Thank you for checking in with us

·
Vendor
258 Posts
Yes we now have valving and a spring kit for the X3 XRS. You can call our office to set up an appointment to get your shocks into us. 623-217-4959 Gina our Office Manager can help you with your appointment.
Thank you for checking in with us

1 - 20 of 68 Posts