Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
042.JPG

Busy morning today. Troy from UTV Off Road Magazine came out to do a side by side test drive of our new shock package for the Can Am Maverick Max. He was able to drive a completely stock one, a Maverick equipped with our stage 1 internal shock work and finally, drive one with the stage 2 kit (stage 1 valving and our new dual rate spring package). As far as we know this is the first time a real suspension comparison has ever been done using exactly the same vehicles on the same test track at the same time with the same impartial driver. Troy was blown away with the difference in ride quality from stock to our stage 1 kit. He was just as impressed by the jump in performance from there to our stage 2 system. This was very apparent to us watching by the increased speeds he was running as well as the huge grin on his face! Everyone had a great time as well as some good air time! We would like to thank Chris Rodgers, Brandon Forbes and Rob Steele for graciously donating their time and vehicles for Troy to abuse. The UTV article will be in the next issue of UTV Off Road Magazine out in mid April.

This write up is from facebook, written by a good friend of mine at Shock Therapyst.. They have done tons of work on my Mav Max and couldnt be any happier with the shock tuning and the springs he put on my car. Look him up and give him a call, I guarantee you will be very satisfied with the outcome.

Write a comment...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looking forward to the results; going to do the same to my Max. What is the cost for the full stage 2 mods?

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the whole package is $600 for internal work and then the dual rate springs are like $800-$900. Don't quote me on that price but your best bet is to call them.
Looking forward to the results; going to do the same to my Max. What is the cost for the full stage 2 mods?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The black and yellow Max is mine and he did the stage 1 and stage 2 and they are both great upgrades on my car. The stage 2 is seriously like riding on a cloud and hadles awsome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shock Therapy is also a full fab shop. He specializes in race cars but will build whatever you want for your car!! For the out of state people he will split the shipping with you if shocks are shpped to him in a box.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Can they send you all the shock parts or do you have to ship them your shocks?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well your best bet is to ship the shocks to them so that they can do all the internal valving. Then they will ship them back to you. To have a great shock that works, it is not just adding or subtracting parts. There are some internal machining that needs to be done and they need to put there little tricks in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts