Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some shock setting ideas for my Maverick 1000XRS. I will be running in the dunes at glamus.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You might have more success if you post this in the Suspension section….

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Welcome. Now I'll be the jerk that says it...lol. Use the search funtion. There are a few threads that will get you about as good as you can get the stock shocks.

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome. Now I'll be the jerk that says it...lol. Use the search funtion. There are a few threads that will get you about as good as you can get the stock shocks.
I was gonna post Alex's default settings but wasn't sure if the duners use the same setup or something else…..Don't you guys also use less pre-load to lower it as well???

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I do. Can't speak for the rest, but yeah Alex's (AReed) setup with about 6 rounds out of thr rear pre-load and 4 rounds out of the front.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
cool…I will remember that for my dune trip next spring…..hopefully, i will have Alex's shock tuning by then too!

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I add some compression and rebound for the dunes. It helps with the g-outs.
I only adjust the comp until I only bottom out occasionally . I have the rebound closed off with the pre-load set softer than stock. I sacrific a little ground clearance, but I don't worry about that too much in the sand

·
Registered
115 Posts
Guys for what it's worth. I dropped my ride heights down 1/3 inch on the collar, about a inch overall and it worked allot better over stock. It really Settled it down in the whoops and when turning sharp it rotated smoother and not as quick.. Think I was all the way in on rebound and all the way out on dampening as well. But now I have AReeds duel rate and revalve setup and it's even better. 8)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Guys for what it's worth. I dropped my ride heights down 1/3 inch on the collar, about a inch overall and it worked allot better over stock. It really Settled it down in the whoops and when turning sharp it rotated smoother and not as quick.. Think I was all the way in on rebound and all the way out on dampening as well. But now I have AReeds duel rate and revalve setup and it's even better. 8)
Congrats! I can't wait to have him go through my shocks.... Maybe next season :banghead:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If I remeber correctly, from factory specs, I dropped the front from 3.3XX" down to 3", and the rear from 4.2XX down to 4". made a big difference in the whoops and chop. Rebound is closed off, and compression gets adjusted accordingly to terrain. That seems to work descent as a solo rider but is a little soft with a passenger

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to have him go through my shocks.... Maybe next season :banghead:
I'm with ya Brayla. I was about to pull the trigger on the revalve from Alex, but opted to get an STM secondary instead. Spent too much on this thing already. Maybe after tax returns, or better yet...X-mas is coming...

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm with ya Brayla. I was about to pull the trigger on the revalve from Alex, but opted to get an STM secondary instead. Spent too much on this thing already. Maybe after tax returns, or better yet...X-mas is coming...
Haha...... I was just telling the wifey about what shes/I'm getting me fer Xmas. Light bar or power steering or clutches or intercom/radio :banghead: where to start.......... :beer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
The duel rate setup is worth every penny guys! Smoother in the rough stuff and will not bottom out easy at all..8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts