Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to figure out the best way and cost to ship my suspension to my tuner of choice (ST). Was wondering who has done this. What it cost cost you? How long was the ship time? What shipping company you went with? (I'm assuming ups) Did they have the right box to ship with? Or where did u get a box? Super excited about getting my suspension tuned just wanna make sure I get this shipped properly....any info would be great

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
195 Posts
So im trying to figure out the best way and cost to ship my suspension to my tuner of choice (ST). Was wondering who has done this. What it cost cost you? How long was the ship time? What shipping company you went with? (I'm assuming ups) Did they have the right box to ship with? Or where did u get a box? Super excited about getting my suspension tuned just wanna make sure I get this shipped properly....any info would be great
I've been told the cheapest way is to split them up into 2 boxes, but I value protection over cost. I ship mine in an ice chest. I use plastic straps or small rope to tie the shocks compressed and use an old sleeping bag as packing material. I paid $125 each direction from Sacramento to UTV Shocks in Havasu via UPS with insurance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for responding.....wait u shipped them in an ice chest? Boxed up or just in an ice chest alone?

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Either shipping company, UPS or Fed EX have boxes, and dunnage you can pick when you go in. IMO, get the insurance. Either company has lost stuff on occasion, so make sure your shocks are insured before you ship them.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I shipped in two boxes I picked up at my local UPS store. Remove the springs to reduce weight then compress each shock. I used some really large zip ties (couple feet long) to hold the shocks in a compressed state. Pick up some large bubble wrap at you local HD and wrap everything well. I want to say it was around $80 to ship to ST from Norcal.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
195 Posts
Awesome thanks for responding.....wait u shipped them in an ice chest? Boxed up or just in an ice chest alone?
I wrap the shocks with the sleeping bag and put all 4 in one cooler. No other packaging needed. I learned this trick from Yoshimura years ago when I shipped an ATV engine. The cooler is a lot more durable than cardboard boxes.

·
Premium Member
8,738 Posts
I have a buddy who shipped his shocks out to get anodized by UPS. Shocks were done and they were shipped back to him. When he got the box, it was ripped open, taped shut again and had a piece of a swingset inside instead of a shock. UPS did not cover the shipping theft at all even with the extra insurance he purchased. He had to come out of pocket to but a new shock and have it anodized. He no longer ships UPS.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Took mine into postnet and said ship em...they boxed them up and packed them etc. they went either UPS or FedEx ground...I can’t recall...think they were around $125 one way?

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
665 Posts
That is crap!
I have a buddy who shipped his shocks out to get anodized by UPS. Shocks were done and they were shipped back to him. When he got the box, it was ripped open, taped shut again and had a piece of a swingset inside instead of a shock. UPS did not cover the shipping theft at all even with the extra insurance he purchased. He had to come out of pocket to but a new shock and have it anodized. He no longer ships UPS.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts