Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I currently just use ratchet straps from the frame, compressing the Mav's suspension down.

I am not really happy with my method. I think it would be easier on the Mav if I could somehow just strap the wheels down, leaving the Mav suspension able to flex.
I found a photo (below) on the internet of something that might work for this, but I haven't tried it.

I would like to learn how others are doing it. Please share your setup (with photos if possible).

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
there's a 2'' square tube that runs under my max, i cross strap that to the front of my trailer.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I do it 2 different ways depending on how I put in on the trailer. If I pull it on (facing forward) I use tie downs on the lower A-arms all the way out by the ball joints. There is a nice notch on them that the tie down straps fit in nicely....if I back it on (facing backwards), I hook the tie downs to the cut outs on my receiver hitch. In both scenarios the tires will rest up against the front of the trailer and then I tighten down the straps and have not had any issues with it moving at all......

·
Registered
274 Posts
2" Ratchet Straps.

One through the Front 2 tubes on the bumper.... Connected to front of trailer and pulling forward, Ratchet and Squad suspension

One in the rear.
Connect one side of the Strap to back left corner of trailer. Drop the strap through the space between the rear Diff and the round support bar. Connect to Right rear of trailer. Ratchet and Squad suspension

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
2" Ratchet Straps.

One through the Front 2 tubes on the bumper.... Connected to front of trailer and pulling forward, Ratchet and Squad suspension

One in the rear.
Connect one side of the Strap to back left corner of trailer. Drop the strap through the space between the rear Diff and the round support bar. Connect to Right rear of trailer. Ratchet and Squad suspension
I did this on mine and it chewed thru the straps...I found that the frame had some slag on it from when it was built and was painted over. So instead of grinding it down and repainting it, I just use the cutouts on the receiver hitch and put the tie down hooks on it.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Put it in park in the enclosed and hope for the best
Similar concept. But I put it in the bottom of the stacker and then just set the hoist on it. Seems to work

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a set of tire baskets for the front wheels. Princess auto sells them. At the back I use a set of ratchet straps crossed going to the A-arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone built a set of superclamp type tire clamps out of steel. I'm thinking that's the way to go on my sled deck anyways.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I ratchet strap all 4 corners. For the rear I used 2 of hoop hold downs from the cargo area and welded them to the bottom side of the support tubing below the cargo area. This allows me to ratchet down the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts