Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm told by multiple people different stories? Does my new xxc have a shaft saver programmed in the ecu while in sport mode? I know about the low eco and all that.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They are two different functions. As I understand it the shaft saver cuts power to the wheels when it sense's they are spinning excessively which happens when airborne. The sport mode or perfromance key gives you better performance. However, Yes I think the shaft saver will work in any mode the vehicle is in, if it sense's excessive wheel spin.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
As said above yes, it will in any mode or gear that the Maverick is in although you probably wont notice in anything other than high range with sport on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Brp race box which voids warranty on my machine will 1mile on it, and the $1800 Tm is my only options correct?
Also can someone pm me the low sport mode bypass (homemade)
Thx

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So Brp race box which voids warranty on my machine will 1mile on it, and the $1800 Tm is my only options correct?
Also can someone pm me the low sport mode bypass (homemade)
Thx

Yes, other than replacing the stock ecu with an ATV Tunemonster, and a regular cable throttle body.

The BRP black box does work, I have one on my Mav, & datalogged the throttle, no more closing on jumps, or when wheels are spinning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does the muzzy "black box" I found on eBay for the commander/mav do the same thing as far as shaft saver eliminator?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes I believe it does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts