Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

service time

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Goose2 
#1 ·
Hi guys iam doing my maintenance for its scheduled km service and it mentions to lubricate the one way bearing...is this really necessary? ?

#2 ·
I would do it. It is very simple to do once you have the CVT cover off

#9 ·
Lol I know every part inside and out of the primary and how it works. Ive had sleds and other belt driven buggys and never greased any one way bearings.jst was curious if was necessary on these machines. so i know exactly "what ur talking about"

#12 ·
I think a lot depends on how you ride and where you ride. If you get a lot of belt dust in your clutches and CVT cover, you will want to grease it more often. Also, if you ride in really dusty conditions or suck in some mud or water on occasion, you may want to grease it more often. The grease will attract and contaminant and will eventually dry out the grease. Bearings with no lubricant = failure.

Really the only time the bearing comes into play is when you are at idle as the belt rests on the bearing and freewheels. So if you do a lot of idling, you may also want to look at it more often.

#14 ·
I am sure any Grease will work. I used Lucas red and tacky on mine. Also I would like to know why one side of the bearings are open. I would assume it is to get grease to it but wouldn't a sealed bearing be a better way to go. They never need lubed.
just a curious mind.

#15 ·
but that would cost more for the OEM = less profit...cheaper to use a serviceable bearing and add it to the maintenance schedule for the owner to deal with.....

#17 ·
Both of mine are sealed bearings on both sides but the part your lubing is the center of the oneway that has the two little pins that make the oneway bearing work and no puller needed just take the primary bolt out and tap the outer part and it will come off then take the oneway bearing off really carefully so you dont lose the little springs and pins

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.