Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Viso lok is the read headed step child no one wants to talk about lol, I can see some type of riders having issues with it, but after seeing the video you posted I'm 90% sure ill be fine with it since I dont do any kind of technical rock crawling. Most of my area that I prefer I can keep a good pace, with some jumps and whoops.
I think you are right it is like the ever present elephant in the room. You would think Can-am would have gotten the message by now and would have addressed it. Maybe the QE does I do not personally know, but they really should take steps to squash the well known dragging anchor that the Visco-lok is to their sales. Yes, I really do think it affects their sales, especially to the performance crowd and that is the crowd the Maverick is built for.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Funny I thought the big game changer was suppose to be at camp rzr lol. FAIL!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I think you are right it is like the ever present elephant in the room. You would think Can-am would have gotten the message by now and would have addressed it. Maybe the QE does I do not personally know, but they really should take steps to squash the well known dragging anchor that the Visco-lok is to their sales. Yes, I really do think it affects their sales, especially to the performance crowd and that is the crowd the Maverick is built for.
100% agree^^^^^^^i think if this fella had a locker itd be extremely hard to beat! period!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think the visco issue is about price point. They only put the QE on models with power steering so that would raise the price when they were wanting to price compete with other models.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My god if the maverick holds up with him driving im a believer.:haha:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Man those brakes are sqeaky.

He doesn't own that Maverick it belongs to Butterbean. Me and Tripp and Clyde (SRRS all of us) are discussing how it handles in the truly rough stuff, in the big rocks and ledges and such and they don't know yet. He says it has a great ride in the lake bottoms and such but they haven't climbed anything of note with it. It "broke" once apparently the fuel line came off the motor they were able to fix it on the trail.

I am sure Bean will be running it in the SRRS races but who knows he may keep using the RZR4 for that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
By the way I posted the video because it was of a new Maverick and the thread is about the lack of Maverick videos, not to point anything out about the Visco-lok.

Wild this new Maverick has made choices much more difficult hasn't it? Have you driven it yet? The quality feel is lightyears ahead of the rest.
I wish I had gotten a chance to drive one. The closest Test Ride was 500 + miles from where I am.

oh lord ! neither am i , i do not rock crawl nor do i do the rock time trial things! i ride i southeastern and southwestern missouri in the bootheel we got turtle mud , and gumbo mud the riding here is usually fast and sweeping, drifting on levee gravel roads hitting a mud pit. the occasional hill climb! however when i go west it slower more technical off camber small ledges and what not. but when you are off camber, and on a steep hill and 1 wheel is on the air! and the 1 wheel touching the ground isnt helping out. grrrrrrrrrrr! it ticks me off. i truly hope you or someone makes a locker, but we shall see? time will tell.
Up here in the PNW we have wet tree roots to deal with plus a lot more. A working locker is what works here. Picking the right line works 90% of the time but you always have that 1 time you need something more. I'm curious if a auto locker say for a Suzuki could be machined down to fit into the diff of the Mavrick. If I decide to get a Mavrick I'll have the stock replaced with a QE and then use the stocker for trial and error.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I wish I had gotten a chance to drive one. The closest Test Ride was 500 + miles from where I am.

Up here in the PNW we have wet tree roots to deal with plus a lot more. A working locker is what works here. Picking the right line works 90% of the time but you always have that 1 time you need something more. I'm curious if a auto locker say for a Suzuki could be machined down to fit into the diff of the Mavrick. If I decide to get a Mavrick I'll have the stock replaced with a QE and then use the stocker for trial and error.
well some1 on the commander forum, made mention that you most definatley could use the front diff from another machine if the gear ratio was close enough! but then you have to custom make an axle for say a polaris diff, to mate to the maverick spindle. then of course none of them mount the same way so youd have to cut and weld the proper brackets in place! so id say yes it without doubt can be done . but how much is the question??

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.