Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I predict same as TX except I don't see the XP winning 0-30. The youtube vid's I have watched show the XP getting off the line slightly quicker but I doubt they even reach 30mph before the maverick passes the XP like it's standing still. I predict the XP gets shut out. Good at everything but no longer the best at anything.

The Wildcat will be the clear winner at rock crawling SO LONG AS:::

the SLD does not let go, or if it breaks a diff or a driveshaft ,or an axel, or the tip over sensor goes, or the fuel pump quits, or if it blows a belt, or the shifter linkage breaks, or if oil starts blowing out out of the engine, a front A-arm bends in half, if tie rods bend, the starter quits,,, etc, etc, you get the picture , during the course of the competition.

Wildcat is clearly the best set-up for crawling and handling the big bumps but they seriously need to work a few bugs out of their car. Hopefully the X addresses all of these issues plus turning radius and reliable power.
well i drove a wildcat at cloud 9 ranch and let me tell ya, that thing was like riding a marshmallow it was super soft, i liked how quiet it was and climbed a couple hills. and for those of you that know cloud9 i climbed the rough side of camo hill, no its not the meanest toughest hill but its not something your gona climb on just anything! and was impressed with the ease that it climbed with. the power was definately down a lil bit but to be honest it was faster than i thought itd be, so if the maverick rides 75% as good as the kitty kat leme tell ya its gona be awesome!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is part 1 of our shootout. Enjoy!

The Rally on the Rocks Crew does a shootout between the Arctic Cat Wildcat, Polaris XP and the Can-Am Maverick at Sand Hollow in St. George Utah.
We love all side by sides and have no bias. All tires had 9 lbs of pressure. All machines are stock except the wildcat (it has the wildcat willys clutch kit and bighorn 2.0's). They are all great machines and you couldn't go wrong with any of them. They all have plusses and minuses.
Part 2 is coming with sand hill drags and suspension shots.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Pretty much what I expected, just have to remember the cat had mods. The trailing arms on the xp are about as much a crutch as the visco is to the mav. Cheaper to replace the diff than new high clearance arms I think.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here is part 1 of our shootout. Enjoy!

The Rally on the Rocks Crew does a shootout between the Arctic Cat Wildcat, Polaris XP and the Can-Am Maverick at Sand Hollow in St. George Utah.
We love all side by sides and have no bias. All tires had 9 lbs of pressure. All machines are stock except the wildcat (it has the wildcat willys clutch kit and bighorn 2.0's). They are all great machines and you couldn't go wrong with any of them. They all have plusses and minuses.
Part 2 is coming with sand hill drags and suspension shots.

extremely nice guys! the can am actually did better in the rocks than i expected, altho im no dummy i seen the front not engage a few times and im sure the others made shorter work of it! however the can am did a few things i thought itd struggle on! so im pleased. i gota ask tho, why does the wildcat have a clutch in it an others are stock? or is that just the unit you had and you ran with it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great video i would have posted one but when i picked my maverick up last friday my brother-in-law picked up my xp from me to go ride and flipped the xp tearing right front wheel and lower a arm off

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man that clutch really woke up the wildcat, the mph at 10 seconds is what impressed me with the maverick pulling hard to 65 mph vs the xp 56. I was glad to see the can am make it up a rock, with all the negativity around visco lok it seemed to be fine.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Great job guys!! I am sure you just sold a few clutch kits for Wildcat Willy's, I can't believe that is all it took to make the stock Cat stomp the XP!!

They all looked good in the crawling, I would call it Wildcat 1, Mav 2, XP 3 in that rock crawling test. The Mav would be right with the Wildcat if it had a better front diff.

The Maverick sure dominated the drag race, even more than I expected.

·
Registered
791 Posts
XP sure seems to have a heck of a time keeping it aimed straight in the drag race. That is something I observed as well driving the XP in the past, seems like the rear always wants to pass the front......

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Anyone see this truck at camp rzr?:big smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lol, polaris may be 2nd or 3rd but dont expect them to sit still. I'm sure they have something in the works whether it be next year, the year after or who knows as the rzr guys say lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
I don't think the RZR and the Wildcat were running stock tires, not that it makes much difference just an observation.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The wildcat had big horn 2.0's, I cant tell what tires the rzr had but i'm glad they was on a similar tire for a better comparison.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Larger and heavier tires would hurt the Wildcat in the acceleration runs but help it in the rocks. The acceleration difference between the Wildcat and the XP has been blown WAY out of proportion by RZR fanbois there has never been much more than a length or so between them stock to stock.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If you wouldnt have gotten banned you could have told them. lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nobody's perfect.
hey tx how do you think the maverick would have done on a harder packed surface , it seems you were doin some sweet drifts in a field but do you think if it would have been biting or grabbing an edge it would have handled the same? ive heard mixed reviews some say it handles absolutely amazing, and some say its heavy and pushes into corners? and as far as rotr goes? how do you think the mav. will stack up against the cat in the big whoops!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya polaris may answer with something in 1 or 2 years as you said, however canam will also answer by then with more. you just cant out due canam when they decide to go at it. so by the time polaris answers in 2 years, can am will be ready with a answer and likely the same year. i have been watching powersports for years, sxs, atv, pwc, sport boats..

polaris will never match form fit and function and comfort of a canam.. however there is choices now, so they must stop dropping out junk or after thought products now or get left behind.. they use to not care, toss it out and they will buy it, were king and dont care. that just changed in the last year. keep doing that and there done. go back to drawing board and make it right and you will SHARE the market, arctic cat, canam, trex, even john deere (which i hear is working a 4 seater now) suddenly its not 1 seller, its 4, with 3 serious contenders to share the money with. so they have no choice now, which im glad, someone needed to knock them back down to reality. screw people over now, build junk, dont listen, dont care and people simply walk across the showroom floor and hand 18 grand to anothe rbrand, no questions asked. they cant sustain that to many times. by the way these comments are directed at sport, sport rec, and rec sxs. not farm machines, 50 inch machines.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Does Polaris even make personal watercraft anymore? lol Anyway, I KNOW we will be seeing some japanese brands get into the mix in the next couple years. No doubt about it. There is just too much money out there being made on this new market that they are missing out on. Polaris may have been the first and biggest so far to rake in the money from the sxs market but I just dont think they are good enough to hold on to that after these other players come to market.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts