Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
We just got done doing a shootout with an xp, wildcat and our maverick. hoping to have the video edited and posted in the next few days.
Drags, hill climbs, 0-30, 0-50 and top speed in 10 seconds, suspension shots and of course a bit of rock crawling. What an awesome day!

I predict:

0-30 winner: XP
0-50 winner: Maverick
Speed at 10 seconds winner: Maverick
300' drags winner: Maverick
Hill climbs (assuming you mean climbing smooth hills): Maverick
Suspension test through woops winner: Maverick/Wildcat tie
Rock Crawling winner: Wildcat

:p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Larger and heavier tires would hurt the Wildcat in the acceleration runs but help it in the rocks. The acceleration difference between the Wildcat and the XP has been blown WAY out of proportion by RZR fanbois there has never been much more than a length or so between them stock to stock.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hey tx how do you think the maverick would have done on a harder packed surface , it seems you were doin some sweet drifts in a field but do you think if it would have been biting or grabbing an edge it would have handled the same? ive heard mixed reviews some say it handles absolutely amazing, and some say its heavy and pushes into corners? and as far as rotr goes? how do you think the mav. will stack up against the cat in the big whoops!!
I wish I would have done some slower speeds in the vids that might have shown how rough that field was. It is an old cow pasture and is very bumpy. I did detect some push into the corners but it is erased with proper throttle application. I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't be better on a smoother harder surface. I will say when the speed was high it had overall push as in I was carrying more speed than it had grip so the entire machine was sliding out wider that I wanted forcing me to slow down. Maybe that is the "push" others are talking about, maybe they were overcooking the turns cause this sucker can easily carry big speed???

I only had the one small ditch to blast through so I am not qualified to say truly how well the Maverick would handle big whoops or jumps but when I put the camera down and used two hands to drive I opened it up much more than in the vid and hit that ditch doing about 50 and it jumped cleanly. I expected the tail to kick up, my Wildcat would have on that short faced jump for sure, but the Maverick barely kicked up the rear and I mean BARELY which leads me to believe it will be a solid bump and jump handler. I think it has enough travel to hang with the Wildcat. I wish I had more time in the Maverick under different conditions but I don't and I don't want to give bad info by speculating.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It wasn't me but having competed against him I am willing to bet my money on Tripp Pullen versus whichever 10 people you found, including you. That was Tripp driving with Bobby Tanner riding along.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I hear what you are saying, but the visco-lok in the mud with tires coming off the ground makes life hard on hills even for people that know what they are doing. I mentioned this thread to Tripp a few minutes ago his exact words were "Please just send them haters to the next sxs race I will put them in there place know dat".

Not trying to disrespect you at all I am sure you are a fine driver and very capable yourself just wanted you to know that the guy driving in the vid is a top competitor and has a clue what he is doing.

:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just for reference here is a pretty good vid that shows how big the ledges are and how steep "Flipper" is. Pay attention these are 40 inch plus tires which helps you to guage the ledges and it goes to show even an $80,000 rig does not guarantee success:

·
Registered
197 Posts
By the way I posted the video because it was of a new Maverick and the thread is about the lack of Maverick videos, not to point anything out about the Visco-lok.

Wild this new Maverick has made choices much more difficult hasn't it? Have you driven it yet? The quality feel is lightyears ahead of the rest.

·
Registered
197 Posts
oh im chomping at the bits to get 1 , im 2nd on the list at my dealer . so i kinda hope you do convert over myself. itd be nice to have some1 from the artic cat side of the fence with input and ride comparisons since youve had 1 . again i only had a commander , so the maverick im sure is gona be like a ferarri comparitively!!!!

Just throw out what you did with the Commander this is a whole nother level now.

I will keep the Wildcat too I am looking to add to the toys and right now the Maverick is way out front the only thing that can shake it will be if the Wildcat X turns out to be a huge step ahead of the current Wildcat or if in short order Polaris somehow also comes to the plate with some new homerun. I somehow have my doubts on either brand "A" or brand "P" coming through but its not long of a wait to see because apparently March is when it all will be known.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Viso lok is the read headed step child no one wants to talk about lol, I can see some type of riders having issues with it, but after seeing the video you posted I'm 90% sure ill be fine with it since I dont do any kind of technical rock crawling. Most of my area that I prefer I can keep a good pace, with some jumps and whoops.
I think you are right it is like the ever present elephant in the room. You would think Can-am would have gotten the message by now and would have addressed it. Maybe the QE does I do not personally know, but they really should take steps to squash the well known dragging anchor that the Visco-lok is to their sales. Yes, I really do think it affects their sales, especially to the performance crowd and that is the crowd the Maverick is built for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Man those brakes are sqeaky.

He doesn't own that Maverick it belongs to Butterbean. Me and Tripp and Clyde (SRRS all of us) are discussing how it handles in the truly rough stuff, in the big rocks and ledges and such and they don't know yet. He says it has a great ride in the lake bottoms and such but they haven't climbed anything of note with it. It "broke" once apparently the fuel line came off the motor they were able to fix it on the trail.

I am sure Bean will be running it in the SRRS races but who knows he may keep using the RZR4 for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts