Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kellylmann,
I am not a huge fan of the new rock racing or whatever they are calling it. I am not going to comment on the amount of skill it does or doesn't take to drive those races. I am in no way shape or forum going to say I can drive better than any of these guys. It just isn't my thing.

As for the Maverick and the Visco-Lok I am a true HATER. Yes there is the QE which I will install too if I choose to try out the Mavrick. I will look at other ideas too and see if maybe some type of true locker can be made to fit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
By the way I posted the video because it was of a new Maverick and the thread is about the lack of Maverick videos, not to point anything out about the Visco-lok.

Wild this new Maverick has made choices much more difficult hasn't it? Have you driven it yet? The quality feel is lightyears ahead of the rest.
I wish I had gotten a chance to drive one. The closest Test Ride was 500 + miles from where I am.

oh lord ! neither am i , i do not rock crawl nor do i do the rock time trial things! i ride i southeastern and southwestern missouri in the bootheel we got turtle mud , and gumbo mud the riding here is usually fast and sweeping, drifting on levee gravel roads hitting a mud pit. the occasional hill climb! however when i go west it slower more technical off camber small ledges and what not. but when you are off camber, and on a steep hill and 1 wheel is on the air! and the 1 wheel touching the ground isnt helping out. grrrrrrrrrrr! it ticks me off. i truly hope you or someone makes a locker, but we shall see? time will tell.
Up here in the PNW we have wet tree roots to deal with plus a lot more. A working locker is what works here. Picking the right line works 90% of the time but you always have that 1 time you need something more. I'm curious if a auto locker say for a Suzuki could be machined down to fit into the diff of the Mavrick. If I decide to get a Mavrick I'll have the stock replaced with a QE and then use the stocker for trial and error.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like to tinker so it might take a while but I'll find something that will work. Making it work isn't an issue and how much doesn't have to be that much. And it'll be fun trying too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts