Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure usa guy , glamis fan , and several others were heading out for a maverick meet this weekend. no1 has anything to report ? i know dang good and well there are thousands of xps out there salivating to run a maverick! so are they embarassed to tell theyr story or are they still riding? id really like to have seen more videos by now, this thing has been out awhile......

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What? They just started hitting dealer floors in limited quantities. Most of us are still waiting for ours to come in. Im sure they are riding and will post up later. Oh and if you want to see mavericks smoking xp's there are already vids of that on youtube.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What? They just started hitting dealer floors in limited quantities. Most of us are still waiting for ours to come in. Im sure they are riding and will post up later. Oh and if you want to see mavericks smoking xp's there are already vids of that on youtube.
ive only seen the 2 videos from murray

·
Registered
417 Posts
Holy crap man... If my machine ever came in I would be out riding rather than uploading video? And no worries about the Mavs killing the popo's LoL

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well id be out riding it too! but however id also report , maybe not so much video but hell, id have to bragg on the fact i just toasted some people . or man we wer riding flat out in the woods and they couldnt even dream of keeping up this things a beast!! you know stuff we wana hear you guys know what the heck im talking about, maybe after the weekend we will see and hear more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We just got done doing a shootout with an xp, wildcat and our maverick. hoping to have the video edited and posted in the next few days.
Drags, hill climbs, 0-30, 0-50 and top speed in 10 seconds, suspension shots and of course a bit of rock crawling. What an awesome day!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wildcat probably won the rock crawl and mav took the rest lol.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay rotr spill the beans! we will watch the video without doubt, but can you at least say if the maverick held its own! these guys on some of the forums are out of touch , i love can am and hope it decimates the comp. but the reality is the xp is quik, and the videos ive seen the can am doesnt smoke the xp but yes it wins. so im really curious the results, im pulling for can am ...............

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we all know the maverick is gona flat out suck at rock crawling with that abomination they call a front diff! however ill be anxiously awaiting to hear more about the other departments like acceleration, suspension, 0-50, and others cuz when it comes to crawling id say the wildcat would win that easily!

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
my report.

WOW!!!!!! it soaks up the woops when you are over 45mph, any slower and it bobbles around. The compression and rebound need slowed down some to keep the car planted.

I ran Olds on the left side and was no problem if i hit the woops at 50 then she screamed up. Comming down at 65mph was a blast. Woops were no issue at 65.

I did try to start where the quads line up and hit the woops uphill, the rear end bucked once then planted and pulled the woops and hill. I did not have enough speed to get ontop of the woops untill i was in to the first few woops.

i hit every small little lip with a blip of ther throttle and it jumps great and flat lands like its on a pillow from about 4'.

The headlights on high beams are great for night dunning but need more side lighting.

the steering wheel is fatter than i am used to and a little slippery in my MX gloves. It could be my old worn out gloves.

I ran about 8psi in the stock bighorns in 4wd mostly, in 2wd the car will do 360's all day long.

Today i will do some shock tweeking and dunning then report back.

its today and i adjust the shocks and rode from Olds hill to China wall. I bottomed out once bad and red adjusted at China wall. I was able to hit the woops at the bottom of china wall and make it to the top no problem with the stock tires aired down to 6psi. I did stop at the bottom after the woops and then tried the hill. I only made it 3/4 of the way up.

Today i did some fast woop runs against RJ Andersons race car and the new Jagged X XP. I was able to get around them after taking some serious roosts and pulled away at 50mph+. I did some jumping at the Polaris gathering at the top of Olds hill today. I am pretty sure i was not welcome by looks i got from the Polaris folk. haha

back to the dunes after that ran to the night hill lost of people out here. i cannot wait to shread more tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I raced an XP yesterday 4 times. 1st time he jumped me at the start but I still beat him by a car to the top of the hill approx 300'. Then next 3 times we had even starts and we switched lines just to be fair. Maverick won every time by 3 car lengths and was pulling away. No reason to fear a stock XP anymore. There is a new sheriff in town for the stock machines. Maverick is dominating.
I was also running 6#'s in the rear & 7 up front. Could even go to 5 with no worries.
Shocks are certainly on the stiff side. Changed everything to zero and soaks up medium sized whoops with no problem, 63-65mph.
I ran it up to 73 in the sand but ran out of smooth terrain. It will go faster but open road. My Opinion of the car, it's awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is the type stuff i been wanting to hear! keep em coming fellas! i am so anxiously awaiting the arrival of my xrs its killing me literally . im also anxiously awaiting rotr review ! cant wait to hear from more guys after the weekend of riding........

·
Registered
197 Posts
We just got done doing a shootout with an xp, wildcat and our maverick. hoping to have the video edited and posted in the next few days.
Drags, hill climbs, 0-30, 0-50 and top speed in 10 seconds, suspension shots and of course a bit of rock crawling. What an awesome day!

I predict:

0-30 winner: XP
0-50 winner: Maverick
Speed at 10 seconds winner: Maverick
300' drags winner: Maverick
Hill climbs (assuming you mean climbing smooth hills): Maverick
Suspension test through woops winner: Maverick/Wildcat tie
Rock Crawling winner: Wildcat

:p

·
Registered
791 Posts
I predict same as TX except I don't see the XP winning 0-30. The youtube vid's I have watched show the XP getting off the line slightly quicker but I doubt they even reach 30mph before the maverick passes the XP like it's standing still. I predict the XP gets shut out. Good at everything but no longer the best at anything.

The Wildcat will be the clear winner at rock crawling SO LONG AS:::

the SLD does not let go, or if it breaks a diff or a driveshaft ,or an axel, or the tip over sensor goes, or the fuel pump quits, or if it blows a belt, or the shifter linkage breaks, or if oil starts blowing out out of the engine, a front A-arm bends in half, if tie rods bend, the starter quits,,, etc, etc, you get the picture , during the course of the competition.

Wildcat is clearly the best set-up for crawling and handling the big bumps but they seriously need to work a few bugs out of their car. Hopefully the X addresses all of these issues plus turning radius and reliable power.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If the xp wins to 30 it will be because the maverick was spinning the tires.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts