Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to pull the trigger on intercom and car to car system. I find it odd that the systems don’t come standard with volume control on the headsets. Is this not a necessity with the systems? If you don’t have your own volume control, do all passengers have to listen at the same volume?

I’m happy to purchase a builder system and add headsets separately. Just curious if I’m missing something and it’s not necessary for each passenger to have their own volume setting. We’ll be running over the head headsets.

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
I have both kinds of headsets. I can't remember why it what models do and don't.

It's not critical but it is nice.

Tim

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim, I think it would definitely be nice as well and looks like it’s only $10 more per headset (PCI Trax).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
The PCI stuff is nice. The music quality is just OK on any headsets though so don't get your hopes up to high.

The TRAX is just a smidge better sound quality than the Rugged and I'm a Rugged fan.

Tim

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
Could you elaborate...?
The knob adjusts volume at the headset. You of course still have master volume at the intercom. Tim

Attachments

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
Our RR has sperate volume control on each headset

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics
Me too. Kind of surprised that PCI doesn't?

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Could you elaborate...?
We can control each headset, sometimes I need my music loud and Lance doesn't so much.. I turn my knob to my liking. He can turn his to his preference

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes to be clear, PCI does have headsets with separate volume control but they don’t come standard in the “readymade” UTV set. You have to build your own setup and it’s like $10 more for each headset. Well worth the price it seems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger on intercom and car to car system. I find it odd that the systems don’t come standard with volume control on the headsets. Is this not a necessity with the systems? If you don’t have your own volume control, do all passengers have to listen at the same volume?

I’m happy to purchase a builder system and add headsets separately. Just curious if I’m missing something and it’s not necessary for each passenger to have their own volume setting. We’ll be running over the head headsets.
headsets of course have volume control for each. I got mine froim Rugged. Helmets are a different problem. mine do not have separate volume.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have helmet speakers and can only change volume on the Rugged radio. Is there a rheostat that can be wired in-line?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
With my Rugged when I am running helmets I use the phone volume to control the music and the intercom I usually have turned all the way up since my 4 year old doesn’t understand you need to talk loud. When we don’t have the radio on I just have him use the push to talk button so I don’t have to have the VA turned so light that above 5 mph all you hear is wind.
With the headsets I run everything at max and just use the headsets dial to tone it down.

Reactions: DEZPERADO
1 - 17 of 17 Posts