Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, what am I doing wrong???
The Seizmik rep told me to get the #18071 1.75” model, as well others on here posted the same.
Got them in today, and I cannot get the clamps to close fully.

Should I just bolt it in then try cranking down? Or is this the wrong clamps?

Here is a couple pics, with and without the rubber shim.

Attachments

·
Official Site Vendor
6,774 Posts
That is perfect the bolt just barley starts. Tighten it up and your done. If you don't want to scratch the cage put black tape on the cage before tightening up the clamp.

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
You look good. Just drive the bolt in with a little force until it catches, and then tighten it down.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So no rubber? I took pics with and without the rubber.

The issue is still, the bolt does not line up with the slotted thru hole. I tried to get a good angle in the last two pics...the last image shows the bolt is pushed all the way against the other side of the bracket- about 1/4" lower than the bottom of the slotted hole.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Take a Phillips head screwdriver and run it through both holes and massage it . It will align much better and then you can probably get the fastener installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the rubber shims removed, the clamp was too loose once the bolt holes lined up. The clamp would be fully 100% closed and I could twist the clamp with ease- in fact it would slide down and hit my 1/2 windshield if I didn’t keep it held higher.

I called Seizmik, the rep said to install without the shim like others said, but like stated above that wouldn’t hold the mirrors in place.

Take a Phillips head screwdriver and run it through both holes and massage it . It will align much better and then you can probably get the fastener installed.
This was the most helpful for me, thanks. I used my long Allen key to align the holes close enough to get the bolt threads to catch, then screwed it in.

After getting those close, I had to use the rubber shim but had to cut it a few times to make it work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more question, how are you guys keeping the "SZ" caps on? On one mirror it popped off in the box and will not stay in, I know it will be gone as soon as I back out of the garage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is an alignment tab that I missed on the first round. After I figured that out the replacements worked great! I used a few rounds of black tape to get the right grip on the bar. Glad you got them figured out!

·
Registered
171 Posts
As with SSSOOO many things on these machines, it just takes a little more foot-to-azz. I used a big screwdriver and jammed it in the holes and pulled...... stretched the brackets and they fit perfect! 😜👍

Love that company! Cracked a mirror, called them expecting to buy another piece of glass, and they showed me one free. Gratis. No denero. Crazy, everyone has their hand out, expecting to get rich on every deal.... but not those guys.

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
One more question, how are you guys keeping the "SZ" caps on? On one mirror it popped off in the box and will not stay in, I know it will be gone as soon as I back out of the garage.
X2 with the silicone. However, Seizmik has such a great lifetime warranty, if you lose one, give them a call. I lost one once, they sent me 2, and paid for the shipping! Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When the guy at seizmik sent me my new glass, he said they are warranted for ANY reason. Any. He even warranted a NW glass to a hunter that shot the mirror on his own rig. 🤪🤣🤪🤣

1 - 19 of 19 Posts