Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say that thing looks bad ass in person...I love the lines the look everything. The things a beast

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Looks are deceiving take one for a test drive. The only thing I liked was the power. Everything else felt sub-standard to the MAV. The power felt on par but not any better. But i have since added clutches so I think the XP1K is now inferior in every category in my book.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool u got to try one..I only sat in one at the dealer. It prolly only looks cool cause it's new

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree, they do look pretty cool. It is when you start taking notice to all of the little things. The interior looks like it was made at the same factory that molds the little plastic kiddie swimming pools….(all injection molded looking) The phone case in the dash is built terrible. I wouldn't even think about putting my I-Phone in that thing and trust that it will be safe…..The one I drove had 7.5hrs on it and it squeaked worse than a coin operated bed at a pay by the hour hotel (or so I am told :shocked:) The steering column felt like it was made by Fisher Price as it was so sloppy and flimsy….It honestly reminded me of those battery operated kids cars but with a fast motor in it……I am so glad i got to drive it. It just confirmed my choice of getting the Maverick was the best choice by far. I would not have been happy with the XP1K regardless of the price…..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have sat in one and rode twice, it may be 6 hp more than maverick, but top end speed is about the same stock to stock. very close, low end is mav all day, in my experiences. I don't need to get into the form, fit, function, looks and comfort as those are not even close to mav. plus mav is thousands less and there is again several issues that are common to Polaris still showing up in the xp1000.. not knocking it, to each its own, but for the price, you would have thought it would have been way better in many areas. if you sunk the cash difference into a mav, you would have a monster that popo would only see the rear of

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
The only thing that impressed me was those massive rear shocks with the remote reservoirs! I found out yesterday that they have hardly any adjustments. Of course mine don't utilize all of their adjustments either, I just liked the size of them I guess. I'm still die hard maverick and would never even think of a Polaris. Like it was said before, maybe cause it was new is why it looked good. I wish I could make mine look new again!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought the thing looked cool cause it was massive. Also maybe I like it cause I had the xp 900 before the mav and the new xp1 looks so much better in every way then the 900, even interior looks better..

·
Registered
527 Posts
You know one thing I've noticed. Looking through different forums, I've seen USED xp1000's for sale already. But I have yet to see one used 14 Mav for sale yet!! figure that one out

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The only people selling their 2013's are for personal reasons and not because they are dissatisfied with the Maverick…….I don't know anyone who sold it because they found something better…..

·
Registered
111 Posts
the new 1000 popo is fouling out there spark plug for some reason which plug is on back order seen this on popo site

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The problem is until the Maverick starts winning their share of races, everyone will still drink the cool-aid. Can Am needs to dump some money into factory teams and independents to really make a push for some legitimate wins at the bigger events…..That will be the only thing that will make the majority of the people start to take notice……Actually it is fine by me because I like having a somewhat unique SXS and not what everyone else is driving….

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I agree, they do look pretty cool. It is when you start taking notice to all of the little things. The interior looks like it was made at the same factory that molds the little plastic kiddie swimming pools….(all injection molded looking) The phone case in the dash is built terrible. I wouldn't even think about putting my I-Phone in that thing and trust that it will be safe…..The one I drove had 7.5hrs on it and it squeaked worse than a coin operated bed at a pay by the hour hotel (or so I am told :shocked:) The steering column felt like it was made by Fisher Price as it was so sloppy and flimsy….It honestly reminded me of those battery operated kids cars but with a fast motor in it……I am so glad i got to drive it. It just confirmed my choice of getting the Maverick was the best choice by far. I would not have been happy with the XP1K regardless of the price…..
We took my Buddies 4 seat Can Am Max to a local desert spot that we have close by where we used to ride Motocross bikes and its state land that's surrounded by homes now and a few people still sneak out there and ride its called the Water hole since it has a huge horeshoe shaped berm and it holds water back and it has tracks all around it. It has some Nasty Whoops that are all unevenly spaced and cut up with square edged wash outs from the rains. since its rarely ridden on anymore it is very rough. and hard pack with a gravel like surface so its Super squirley like riding on a hard surface with 1/4 minus gravel top. That being said we were beating the piss out of it 50+ Mph sideways through some of it and had to b e a little carefull not to slide to much of course so as not to destroy the Plastic Body on it since it only had 10 miles on it. But damn that thing worked so good it was awesome. Riding Shotgun I was Puckered up on a few hits that we nosed into, some wash outs at the Bottom of the washes were squared off and we blew rocks and dirt up and over us a few times and it didn't hurt LOL. We never took the time to adjust the Shocks but the rear shocks needed a little more compression adjustment for the nasty g outs. I think a 2 seat car with the shorter wheel base would have a hard time hanging with the 4 seater through the nasty shit. Kris loves the 4 seaters for the longer wheel base and the stability they have. He only buys 4 seaters since he had the Robby Gordon RZR and the XP900s. He said after that romp that the Max was by far the Best 4 seater yet and the suspension was awesome. His Custom Built race SXS with bad boy suspension was slightly better in comparison were his exact Words on that one. So if your in need of a 4 seater don't worry just get it. Kris has been a Polaris Owner since the first 800 came out and he had a few of them and he had a couple of the Xp900 4 seaters. He buys a new one at the start of every dune season. and He said to me when we got home from that Ride that he would never go back to the Polaris ever. for all of the reasons stated above. He said Polaris would have to really raise the Bar on a new 1000 4 seater to get him to even look at them. So if Polaris Just stretches and adds in 2 more seats on the xp1000 well then not much change at all so the Can Am Max will dominate them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
just so u guys know there been 2-3 xp1000 chain breaks already !

·
Registered
161 Posts
There will this back and forth stuff as long as Can am and Polaris are in the same market, You can bet the Polaris guys were all over the clutch bolt issue in the Maverick when it came out. I have and still own 2 Polaris sportsman xp850's one with7400 miles on it and it still runs great. What I am saying is that Can am one up Polaris this time with truly a better machine but you can bet this war will keep going back and forth. I am enjoying it as a consumer because we are getting better and better utv's. If Polaris were to come out with something that was worlds better then anyone else I would buy it as would allot of you here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts