Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
FYI I made back to back 600 mile trips in 4 days and the wheel straps didn't budge or come loose one bit. Wheel chocks and everything are still tight.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have used that tie down method only to find out one strap fell off because a tire had a leak.
The car did move sideways on the trip home.
So now I strap the car down as two in the rear not crossed, just straight front and rear. not once has the car ever moved.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have used that tie down method only to find out one strap fell off because a tire had a leak.
The car did move sideways on the trip home.
So now I strap the car down as two in the rear not crossed, just straight front and rear. not once has the car ever moved.
Did you have all 4 tires strapped down?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes, it was in an enclosed trailer. Things happen once you have a strap come loose from a low tire, not strapped down tight enough or cheap straps.
That's amazing that it still moved from 1 low tire when you had the other 3 strapped down independently.

·
Registered
2021 RC Turbo RR
36 Posts
That's amazing that it still moved from 1 low tire when you had the other 3 strapped down independently.
Once one comes loose off a tire it allows the car to shift, which eventually works the others loose. I had it happen to me. That’s why I switched from over the tire “straps” to bonnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Once one comes loose off a tire it allows the car to shift, which eventually works the others loose. I had it happen to me. That’s why I switched from over the tire “straps” to bonnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have never guessed having the other front tire still strapped down would let the car shift, if two came loose yeah I could see that but I can't see how having 3/4 strapped tight it lets the car move.

·
Registered
2021 RC Turbo RR
36 Posts
I would have never guessed having the other front tire still strapped down would let the car shift, if two came loose yeah I could see that but I can't see how having 3/4 strapped tight it lets the car move.
I think it was a combination of my tires and the strap on a very windy road. The rubber on the strap did not really engage well with my Liberty's since they are slightly rounded and the tread pattern isn't that deep. It happened super early in the morning so I wasn't able to see that they were getting loose. I stop after about 30mins on the road to check the load and everything was fine. Two hours later and the sun came up and I saw that they were all loose. Luckily nothing happened.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts