Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
From what I've gathered it's hard to get the proper torque reading without some special kind of tool. Maybe try talking to airdam Adam or call the guys at cold blooded performance and see what they recommend you doing

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes BRP has a special tool to hold the new clutches while they are torqued down. The other problem with loctite is it acts like a lube while you are torquing it down. Bolts will have a different torque if installed wet or dry. You may have way to much torque on your bolt with the loc tite installed on it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
there is a tool on ebay to hold the clutches

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there,tool Benzo show from ebay it for adjust shifter cable,,the right tool is 529 006 400 for primairy and 529 035 771 for secondairy or new tool hold both at same time,but i dont have number right now but i look when i go back to work and i let you know,,torque on primairy is 89 foot pound and secondairy a know we need to replace that bolt each time ,with new one fist step is 15 foot pound,dont worry when bolt cracking sound on second step but you just turn 180 degres, im looking if the spec change monday and i let you know if they change something about that
keep on riding

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
hi there,tool Benzo show from ebay it for adjust shifter cable,,the right tool is 529 006 400 for primairy and 529 035 771 for secondairy or new tool hold both at same time,but i dont have number right now but i look when i go back to work and i let you know,,torque on primairy is 89 foot pound and secondairy a know we need to replace that bolt each time ,with new one fist step is 15 foot pound,dont worry when bolt cracking sound on second step but you just turn 180 degres, im looking if the spec change monday and i let you know if they change something about that
keep on riding
thanks for the correct ! , I was trying to figure out how that tool would work, lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
keep on riding
Any luck getting the new tool part number that can set both primary and secondary? Do you know the part number for the new secondary bolt? I reused the old one, I didn't realize that it would need replaced and was one time use

21 - 33 of 33 Posts