Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I replaced my secondary spring with the airdam upgraded spring. I used red locktite on the bolt. I didnt have access to a torque wrench at the time of the install, but we put it back on and hit it with an electric impact just like airdam Adam did in his videos. Should I pull it all apart and check the torque? Or how would i know its getting loose? Any warning?

·
Registered
66 Posts
there saying the temp these clutches get , pretty much boils the loc tite and then it becomes a lub , to make the bolt wanna back out
So how do we prevent this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think Loctite is a bad idea on the primary, do to the slipping. But I think it is the right thing to do on the secondary, to keep the bolt from backing out.IMHO
I used red Loctite on both; primary and secondary bolts. I am running the CVTech primary and it does not have the same "slipping" issue that the stock primary does.

What are the torque specs supposed to be for both? I am using stock bolts.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi there,tool Benzo show from ebay it for adjust shifter cable,,the right tool is 529 006 400 for primairy and 529 035 771 for secondairy or new tool hold both at same time,but i dont have number right now but i look when i go back to work and i let you know,,torque on primairy is 89 foot pound and secondairy a know we need to replace that bolt each time ,with new one fist step is 15 foot pound,dont worry when bolt cracking sound on second step but you just turn 180 degres, im looking if the spec change monday and i let you know if they change something about that
keep on riding
Any luck getting the new tool part number that can set both primary and secondary? Do you know the part number for the new secondary bolt? I reused the old one, I didn't realize that it would need replaced and was one time use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts