Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk. But it's going back in the morning . Do they replace bolts on the secondary or just primary?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That sucks! I've got the ARP bolt in my secondary torqued down to 60 pounds. The factory bolt calls for 45 pounds. I also have red Loctite on mine. When you take it in, ask them to ask Can Am to get a rush on your parts. Otherwise if they're back ordered and they don't do anything about it, it might take a month to get fixed.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Its crazy the commanders have been out for 2 1/2 years and i have only heard of maybe 3 or 4 secodarys falling off and 1 or 2 primarys coming apart WTH did canam do lol And it cant be from more hp i have 1200 miles on my turbo commander with stock clutchs

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one of the first commanders, no problems w it. Bent a wheel and couldn't get one for a month. While it was down I had the update done and now this! Looks like another month. Was going to order primary from Adam when I got the money, but this is seconday. Wtf?!?!

·
Registered
711 Posts
yes they cover it under warranty, the only problem is the clutch covers are on back order right now.

when the secondary backs off like that, it chews up the helix and the back side of the secondary. your inner half of your secondary, helix, and spring will have to be replaced, and almost all of those parts are on back order.

if you tell the dealer to rush, its really not gonna get you anywhere. BRP will get you parts as soon as they come off back order, which can take a few days or weeks. if you go to your deler and clammer every day, and force him to continually call can-am every day, it may help to get you parts faster than others. while the covers were on back order, calling every day after day after day, finally got me a cover by someone going out on the assembly line and pulling a cover out of the normal production run of machines and shipping it to me. the BRP warehouse in canada where the parts ship from, is out of stock of these parts simply because all available parts are currently being run on the production line for assembly of new machines. so the shipping depot that ships parts to dealers, just does not have alot of these parts hanging around to ship to you guys.

i fixed 3 mavericks at mud nationals last week that had the cluthes come off and thru the cover. i plastic welded the hole back shut where the secondary popped out on 2 of them, and replaced the 3rd one with a new style XMR cover. all 3 had to replace their secondary with an STM, because thats all i had to get them back rolling once their stock secondary backed off and chewed up the secondary, spring, and helix.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes they cover it under warranty, the only problem is the clutch covers are on back order right now.

when the secondary backs off like that, it chews up the helix and the back side of the secondary. your inner half of your secondary, helix, and spring will have to be replaced, and almost all of those parts are on back order.

if you tell the dealer to rush, its really not gonna get you anywhere. BRP will get you parts as soon as they come off back order, which can take a few days or weeks. if you go to your deler and clammer every day, and force him to continually call can-am every day, it may help to get you parts faster than others. while the covers were on back order, calling every day after day after day, finally got me a cover by someone going out on the assembly line and pulling a cover out of the normal production run of machines and shipping it to me. the BRP warehouse in canada where the parts ship from, is out of stock of these parts simply because all available parts are currently being run on the production line for assembly of new machines. so the shipping depot that ships parts to dealers, just does not have alot of these parts hanging around to ship to you guys.

i fixed 3 mavericks at mud nationals last week that had the cluthes come off and thru the cover. i plastic welded the hole back shut where the secondary popped out on 2 of them, and replaced the 3rd one with a new style XMR cover. all 3 had to replace their secondary with an STM, because thats all i had to get them back rolling once their stock secondary backed off and chewed up the secondary, spring, and helix.
Adam, pm me a price on primary and secondary. I tried to pm you the other day but your box was full.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
66 Posts
I replaced my secondary spring with the airdam upgraded spring. I used red locktite on the bolt. I didnt have access to a torque wrench at the time of the install, but we put it back on and hit it with an electric impact just like airdam Adam did in his videos. Should I pull it all apart and check the torque? Or how would i know its getting loose? Any warning?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I replaced my secondary spring with the airdam upgraded spring. I used red locktite on the bolt. I didnt have access to a torque wrench at the time of the install, but we put it back on and hit it with an electric impact just like airdam Adam did in his videos. Should I pull it all apart and check the torque? Or how would i know its getting loose? Any warning?
there saying the temp these clutches get , pretty much boils the loc tite and then it becomes a lub , to make the bolt wanna back out

·
Registered
66 Posts
there saying the temp these clutches get , pretty much boils the loc tite and then it becomes a lub , to make the bolt wanna back out
So how do we prevent this?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I think Loctite is a bad idea on the primary, do to the slipping. But I think it is the right thing to do on the secondary, to keep the bolt from backing out.IMHO

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think Loctite is a bad idea on the primary, do to the slipping. But I think it is the right thing to do on the secondary, to keep the bolt from backing out.IMHO
I used red Loctite on both; primary and secondary bolts. I am running the CVTech primary and it does not have the same "slipping" issue that the stock primary does.

What are the torque specs supposed to be for both? I am using stock bolts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts