Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
But be VERY carefull knocking them back in go just far enough to get the bolt in, it is very easy to go to far and go through the very thin end stop, Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
use a long 4mm bolt, or the same as you removed them with
if you use a punch you can damage the threads and make it a real nightmare when/if you change the rollers again

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
use a long 4mm bolt, or the same as you removed them with
if you use a punch you can damage the threads and make it a real nightmare when/if you change the rollers again
Correct and good point. I used a brass punch larger than the inside diameter of the pin, that wouldn't damage the threads. Definitely don't use a steel punch.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Correct and good point. I used a brass punch larger than the inside diameter of the pin, that wouldn't damage the threads. Definitely don't use a steel punch.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...
Good info. Thanks everybody! Out of town on work so will be another week or so before I can finish the job.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts