Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a winch,aux. lighting and a stereo I would like to add a 2nd battery and an on/off switch.
I did the search prior to posting this but came up empty handed.
can anybody post a pic or 2 of an auxiliary battery and location?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
with a winch,aux. lighting and a stereo I would like to add a 2nd battery and an on/off switch.
I did the search prior to posting this but came up empty handed.
can anybody post a pic or 2 of an auxiliary battery and location?
thanks in advance
for a MAX or a 2 Seater?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
On my max I have the battery between the driver and passenger seats in the tunnel. Tons of room there. I just made a mount for it.

On my two seater you can its under the drivers seat no problem.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 seater

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yep, under the drivers seat on a 2013 but not sure about the 2014's since most of them now have a different panel under the seat due to the second air inlet...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the MR.
I just removed the seats and panels.
Can am REALLY loves "push pins"...anyways...
Under the drivers seat is the compressor,wiring and tanks.
Under the passengers seat is the gas tank.
SO..............

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wish I knew where I saw it but someone installed a second flat pack battery just behind the stock battery and built a custom shelf for it. The only other spot where there would be enough room to put a battery would be under the hood in the general area of the intake duct that goes from the passenger footwell to the air box on a non-XMR model. I'm not sure what all is in that area on the XMR model.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
like to see some pics of this setup

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well...after 3 crown royals in the garage last night I came up with an idea for the MR.
I just purchased a pc925L and a battery tray.
for the MR im gonna have to be creative and have a different setup because the compressor is in the way.
ill install it this weekend and I will post pics on Monday.
I plan on installing the tray on the rear deck with the battery upside down in the tray(orange side down/black side up).
with my quadboss bag and my snorkles you wont even know its there unless I tell you and you could still strap anything down over it if needed.
I will also add an off/on/dual/on marine boat switch under the dash.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I actually have the back deck off right now and will snap some better pictures of this when I get home from work. I am going to rewire it this weekend and change a few things I didn't like when I first set it up.
What didn't you like about it? It looked like a pretty good setup other than the proximity to the exhaust/heat.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What didn't you like about it? It looked like a pretty good setup other than the proximity to the exhaust/heat.
The heat from the exhaust is a non-issue, seriously.

When I started it I was in a hurry to get it all together for our end of season trip at Dove Springs. I like to solder everything and use high quality wire and connectors which I didn't do because I was rushed. Plus I didn't have time to add my battery disconnect which is the main reason I am rewiring.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
got it...thanks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The heat from the exhaust is a non-issue, seriously.

When I started it I was in a hurry to get it all together for our end of season trip at Dove Springs. I like to solder everything and use high quality wire and connectors which I didn't do because I was rushed. Plus I didn't have time to add my battery disconnect which is the main reason I am rewiring.
Since you will have done your's bascially twice, it should be a quick piece of cake for you to knock mine out . :wink:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You know where I live Marty:)

Bring it by, lets do it.
I may have to take you up on that.
I may be dropping it off for a week at Proline wraps which is in Chatsworth.
If I do, maybe we can work something out on the weekend when I pick it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts