Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I'm doing for a second battery. Mounted under the drivers seat. Used. Stock commander battery tray and a stock battery. Should give me 540cca. Not sure if the stock alt. will keep up. If I'm doing the math correct the stock alt. should put out around 54 amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the stock stator puts out 650 watts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to make it easily removable so when you blow a belt you can change it on the trail.
It is. Remove the battery with one nut and 2 screws in the bottom of the bracket then the plastic comes out with the tray intact.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Current = wattage /voltage 650/12= 54.16
His math is correct

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
They do the same thing one just produces ac

I think the current draw vs charging could be close depending on how hard u run the batt without the bike running

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here it is completed.

Attachments

Reactions: bullet30

·
Registered
202 Posts
Under my driver seat looks nothing like this. If I remove the driver seat, I have a flat piece of plastic. When I remove it, I see 2 frame rails. And I have a 2014 Xrs as well. So, how can we have the same machine and it be different?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Under my driver seat looks nothing like this. If I remove the driver seat, I have a flat piece of plastic. When I remove it, I see 2 frame rails. And I have a 2014 Xrs as well. So, how can we have the same machine and it be different?
He stated in one of his posts that he used the underseat panel from a commander. The commanders have that storage under the seat. He just replaced his with a commander panel.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No that is the stock under seat panel. I used a battery tray/ box from a commander. Mine has under seat storage. The ony thing I can think of is mine has an October 2013 production date. Maybe they changed something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Busterw pull your drivers seat and post a picture please.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oops, When you stated it was the stock commander panel I assumed you had replaced the Maverick with a commander one. Mine has no storage either and is a XXC 14 model.

Here is a pic under my driver seat. under driver seat.jpg

No that is the stock under seat panel. I used a battery tray/ box from a commander. Mine has under seat storage. The ony thing I can think of is mine has an October 2013 production date. Maybe they changed something.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yup, that's what mine looks like as well. Mine was built 09-13. Maybe they got smart and changed it for the later ones. I sure do like that storage box more.

Oops, When you stated it was the stock commander panel I assumed you had replaced the Maverick with a commander one. Mine has no storage either and is a XXC 14 model.

Here is a pic under my driver seat. View attachment 8723

·
Registered
67 Posts
From what i read on here the ones that have 3belt air tube s dont have storage under the seat that is where one of the tubes run

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I see the difference now. Yours has what appears to be another tube running to the cvt (assuming). With that tube in place there is not room for the under seat storage. Mine don't have that tube.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK, yes I have that tube as well. Now, the question is, since I have an STM ordered, am I gonna have some CVT flange from airdam since I have that tube? This post (#20) has me concerned about that: http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/11-engine-drivetrain/3788-airdam-cvt-flange-review.html#post66751 . After watching the video Adam posted in that thread, I suppose I just need to pull my side console piece off and see if I have that vent going in the side of my cover and add that flange to my order if so. I'm guessing since I have that tube, I'll need the flange. Sorry to hijack.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem on the hijack. But I can not answer your question.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
OK, yes I have that tube as well. Now, the question is, since I have an STM ordered, am I gonna have some CVT flange from airdam since I have that tube? This post (#20) has me concerned about that: http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/11-engine-drivetrain/3788-airdam-cvt-flange-review.html#post66751 . After watching the video Adam posted in that thread, I suppose I just need to pull my side console piece off and see if I have that vent going in the side of my cover and add that flange to my order if so. I'm guessing since I have that tube, I'll need the flange. Sorry to hijack.
Just look behind the drivers eat and see if there is ducting coming from below the interior panel up the back wall to an inlet....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts