Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My dealer installed my post filter when they assembled it. So I didn't get to see what it looked like before they installed it. But I did check it and it was extremely over-oiled. To the point that it pooled up about 1/2 inch in the bottom of the airbox and actually sucked into the intake Venturi. I cleaned it all up and put it back in with the proper amount of oil on it and then rode it. Didn't seem to notice much of a difference but at least I know I am not going to be sucking in filter oil into my intake!

·
Registered
684 Posts
My dealer installed my post filter when they assembled it. So I didn't get to see what it looked like before they installed it. But I did check it and it was extremely over-oiled. To the point that it pooled up about 1/2 inch in the bottom of the airbox and actually sucked into the intake Venturi. I cleaned it all up and put it back in with the proper amount of oil on it and then rode it. Didn't seem to notice much of a difference but at least I know I am not going to be sucking in filter oil into my intake!
After seeing this I checked mine. Jeebus Christ that thing was over oiled. I also had about a 1/2" of oil in the second air box. The post filter was literally dripping. I cleaned the oil out of the box and squeezed the filter out in paper towels.
I didn't have any in the intake tube but I haven't really driven it yet, except a couple times down the street real quick.
My YZ450F has the same type of filter with the oil, and from what I know u should never have that much oil on it.
I don't know how air could flow through it being that saturated.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
After seeing this I checked mine. Jeebus Christ that thing was over oiled. I also had about a 1/2" of oil in the second air box. The post filter was literally dripping. I cleaned the oil out of the box and squeezed the filter out in paper towels.
I didn't have any in the intake tube but I haven't really driven it yet, except a couple times down the street real quick.
My YZ450F has the same type of filter with the oil, and from what I know u should never have that much oil on it.
I don't know how air could flow through it being that saturated.
Yep…the schmucks at the dealer just pull it out of the plastic and stick it in without wringing out any of the oil……way over kill. Did your Mav run better after you cleaned it up?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I would...but thats just me. The post filter will pick up anything that gets by the main filter (theory anyway). I haven't read too many good things about this style air filters.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts