Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
My dealer installed my post filter when they assembled it. So I didn't get to see what it looked like before they installed it. But I did check it and it was extremely over-oiled. To the point that it pooled up about 1/2 inch in the bottom of the airbox and actually sucked into the intake Venturi. I cleaned it all up and put it back in with the proper amount of oil on it and then rode it. Didn't seem to notice much of a difference but at least I know I am not going to be sucking in filter oil into my intake!
After seeing this I checked mine. Jeebus Christ that thing was over oiled. I also had about a 1/2" of oil in the second air box. The post filter was literally dripping. I cleaned the oil out of the box and squeezed the filter out in paper towels.
I didn't have any in the intake tube but I haven't really driven it yet, except a couple times down the street real quick.
My YZ450F has the same type of filter with the oil, and from what I know u should never have that much oil on it.
I don't know how air could flow through it being that saturated.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I didn't even start it. I only have .2 hrs so I won't be able to feel what the difference is. I can't believe it's good to have your filter that gummed up. Everybody should check theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts