Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i have recently bought some harnesses for the Mav and forgot that it has a seat belt sensor, i guess their is no need for upgraded belts if you cant get over 10mph lol. But seriously I have seen some kits and ways to remove the sensor but most void the warranty from can-am. Any suggestions or thoughts to remove this without voiding the warranty would be greatly appreciated!!!!:big smile::big smile:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
everyone just cuts the plug off twist/solder the ends together and your set

there is a post with pics on here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the 4 year extended warranty, would that void it? and do you know if that plug is the same as a commander if so i will probably just go with the plug and play kit

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i never heard seen , and dont think it could void the warranty , unless a seat bealt sensor fails but thats it,

whats the dealer do when they install harnesses ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no idea what the dealer does, i may give them a call tomorrow and ask them. Thanks for all the help though Benzo

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
No prob let us know what they say ! Thx

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
322 Posts
Pull the sensor out of the seatbelt housing, ziptie the microswitch closed, wrap down under the floor plastic and zip tie again to keep it from hanging all loose. Reassemble seatbelt assy. Boom. Done.

Alternately, drill out a scotch lock so that you can slide two wired right into it, crimp it. boom. done. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Pull the sensor out of the seatbelt housing, ziptie the microswitch closed, wrap down under the floor plastic and zip tie again to keep it from hanging all loose. Reassemble seatbelt assy. Boom. Done.

Alternately, drill out a scotch lock so that you can slide two wired right into it, crimp it. boom. done. :)
This is how I did mine. Actually used safety wire to hold the switch closed and then I zip tied the switch and wire back behind the engine cover. I don't see how the factory warranty could be voided by doing this since they have to know some people are going to install aftermarket safety harness kits and this modification has to be done for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help everybody i think im going to do the method that jrcmic did, and as far as the dealer they werent much help.... they told me that there was no way around it unless you bought BRPs harnesses because they come with the plug and play thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anybody else is interested in this Dragonfire makes a plug and play kit that doesnt void the warranty it currently isnt on their website so you have to order over the phone.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is simple - take out the male side harness strap and cut the male clip out. Plug it in female side. Your done! You don't need old seat belts after you install new ones

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you remove the center console, you can follow the wire back to a plug. Just undo all the wiring to that point, then unplug the seatbelt side. Buy a closed circuit plug online, plug it in, and complete. Or unplug harness, cut wires, and solder/fuse them together, waterproof, and done. The dealer cannot void the warranty for anything else besides the seatbelt switch. Read all the fine print in the warranty. It clearly states that the only things that are void, are the things that have been tampered with.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you remove the center console, you can follow the wire back to a plug. Just undo all the wiring to that point, then unplug the seatbelt side. Buy a closed circuit plug online, plug it in, and complete. Or unplug harness, cut wires, and solder/fuse them together, waterproof, and done. The dealer cannot void the warranty for anything else besides the seatbelt switch. Read all the fine print in the warranty. It clearly states that the only things that are void, are the things that have been tampered with.
I just cut the wire with enough length that if I ever had the need to re-enable it I could just solder the wires back together.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Winner winner winner. Thats it. They cant void your warranty because of something that is unrelated. Cutting the wires will only void the warranty on your seat belt, but since you wont need them anymore. problem solved.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just unplugged the two wire plug under the console, went to napa and bought the same half of the two wire plug I pulled out, looped a jumper on the new plug and plugged it in! It's a sealed plug, original can be plugged back in if need be...couple bucks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You don't have to cut anything, unplug and use the blue scotch block, put both wires in it, push the metal tab down which connects both wires together fold the safety tab over and your done. And you can even pry the scotch block off if you want the seat belts back. Very very easy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't have old seat belts, I have 5 pt. Just stated you don't have to cut the Wires for the Bypass that's a 5 min. job. Wasn't talking about how to get rid of your old belts, just the wiring so you could go more then 5 mph after you unplugged your old ones. Just trying to be helpful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts