Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for seatbelt override and it showed nothing...

Ok now thats out of the way I plan to install PRP harnesses and was wondering what you guys did with the seatbelt override switch?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cut the wires and butt connect them together. This is probably the most common solution.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Or take the plastic seat belt latch apart and tape the micro switch together. I took mine apart and put a regular switch on it and hid it under the seat. This way if I want to get out of it aroudn some buddies I can flip the switch and if any of them hop in it they are stuck to 8mph.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just cut the wires
and put them together
no big deal....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Or buy the dragon fire seat belt kit .
It comes with the override plug
the have a lot of colors for the seatbelts

Reactions: salomon

·
Registered
115 Posts
You could also just buy the plug from dragonfire. Thats what I did. It was like $18. I got the harnesses and bar from another vendor. In hindsight I wish I just bot the whole package from dragonfire, it's a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea cut, tie together : ) easiest fix. why pay more? but adding a switch around my yeahoo friends isnt a Bad idea.. I may go back and put the wires together and have the male insert of belt removable. When im out around campground, I can remove and stick in my pocket...
Hidden switch sounds even better.. I have many Buds that Id trust with any of my Toyz.. then others I have to Lock down cuz they wreck Everything.

·
Registered
548 Posts
did mine with a butt connector and some heat shrink tubing to keep the moisture out. Worked slicker than puppy shit on a linoleum floor!

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you've ever headed into the kitchen in the middle of the night for a little snack and found that the new puppy has left you a "surprise" to find the hard way with bare feet... you'll understand where I came up with that one. Not only was I cleaning up puppy turd, but the cereal and milk I had in my hands when I went ass over bandbox. It was like greased ice!:disappointed:

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you've ever headed into the kitchen in the middle of the night for a little snack and found that the new puppy has left you a "surprise" to find the hard way with bare feet... you'll understand where I came up with that one. Not only was I cleaning up puppy turd, but the cereal and milk I had in my hands when I went ass over bandbox. It was like greased ice!:disappointed:
Funny shit and real life no doubt. Did the puppy survive?

Also, just cut the wires and connect them. Once you have after market belts you will never go back.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That one was a roommate's puppy back when I was living in San Diego. These days the Ol' Lady has a dog, and he is my arch nemesis. We have a mutual hating each other relationship, but she loves him, and it's all about keeping her happy. I have often thought of putting him out in front of my chronograph and using him as ballistic gel, but for now, it's just waking up with that little glimmer of hope that he did something stupid in the night and did himself in. Been let down on that one every morning since we moved in together...

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That one was a roommate's puppy back when I was living in San Diego. These days the Ol' Lady has a dog, and he is my arch nemesis. We have a mutual hating each other relationship, but she loves him, and it's all about keeping her happy. I have often thought of putting him out in front of my chronograph and using him as ballistic gel, but for now, it's just waking up with that little glimmer of hope that he did something stupid in the night and did himself in. Been let down on that one every morning since we moved in together...
dude...I hate to laugh at your misfortune but that is hilarious...

·
Registered
548 Posts
dude...I hate to laugh at your misfortune but that is hilarious...
you win some, you lose some... I have an amazing woman, and if all i have to do to keep things on an even keel is put up with that little shit monster, life ain't all that bad!

But anyway... back to the OP's question... got a little sidetracked there:question:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the hidden switch under the seat. More for my "adult" kids though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Newbie here, so please forgive the dumb question, but where does the bypass plug go plugged into. See the wire going to the buckle, but before ripping panels out, wanted to know if there was an easy location to get to.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found a video on where it's at.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts