Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do's anyone know if somebody makes a seat riser kit for the trail? Would like to sit up alittle higher to see over the front rack when I put something on there. I see they make them for the x3 not sure if its the same or not.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nothing that I'm aware of commercially available for MavT/MavS platform, which uses different mounting than X3 series. Forum member @Vonski shows cool pics of custom square tubing risers fabricated for his rear-steer MavS Xrc in his FB gallery but I won't link directly to that.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I didn't watch more than 40 secs into that video before stopping. I'd appreciate having another inch or so seat height, as I've enjoyed in my old 2000 Jeep TJ for nearly as long as I've owned it since new. On that, I bought custom fabricated aluminum 6061 blocks cut to 1" high (taller still available from the same machine shop) in combo with longer Grade 8 bolts. Looking at that guy's solution made me cringe on what might well happen in a collision (even off-pavement). True, SxS don't typically run highway speeds but we do here in AZ when needing to get to FS trailhead.

Just as with my old Jeep equipped with optional adjustable steering column, seat risers would allow better visibility while reducing knee bend for increased leg comfort. But then, I'd want risers that are as strong as the factory mounting points.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys ,I didn't think there was any aftermarket ones being made,maybe this spring I can get my son to help me figure something out for it ,he is a fabricator-welder see if we can come up with something stronger than aluminum spacers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I used a piece of 1" round stock, drilled and tapped it with the factory thread (something metric) both ends. Screwed it onto the factory stud, then bought bolts of the same thread and bolted the seat to all 6 mounting points. Raised my seat 2", no regrets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,For the info,I will have to give that a try haven't looked at it to close yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just get a piece of square tubing, cut it to length for each side, (like 12”-14” I don’t remember right off hand), dill a hole in each end and use longer bolts through it. The factory seat and brackets are made of square steel tubing, so this way shouldn’t be any weaker.

Passenger seat was easy to do in the SxS, it was easier to pull the entire seat frame with both seats to do the drivers side because of the way the bolts go through the sliders.

Just pop the bottom seat cushion off and you’ll see what you need to do.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
^^^ Agreed, that's what I might do as well. Same method used on Vonski's car shown on his FB photo gallery mentioned in post #4.

·
Registered
2018 Can Am Maverick Trail 1000
17 Posts
Do's anyone know if somebody makes a seat riser kit for the trail? Would like to sit up alittle higher to see over the front rack when I put something on there. I see they make them for the x3 not sure if its the same or not.
there is a guy on facebook, on the maverick trail site who makes them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I did a little research on the square tube seat riser modification and came up with [email protected] who makes the risers. He gave me this information and gave his permission to share:

I have them in 1in are $42.50 1.5in are $45.00 and 2in are $47.50 usd shipping, hardware and instructions included.

I ordered one set of the 1.5 inch. He just did a PayPal request and now I'm waiting to get delivery. The price above is per seat. My wife, vertically challenged, didn't want one so I just ordered one for the driver side.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
^^^ Very good update! I determined from Vonski's FB page that Earl Peeples fabricated the risers on his rear steer car with nice pics of those in his gallery. Didn't snag and include those in post #4 since I didn't have permission, so tagged him there instead thinking he would respond. In any case, I'll contact Earl and order a set for both seats. I'm anal enough to want both same height. Likewise thinking 1.5" as "goldilocks" choice. Not only will risers raise the entire seat including back cushion but also provide usable storage underneath as shown on Vonski's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used a piece of 1" round stock, drilled and tapped it with the factory thread (something metric) both ends. Screwed it onto the factory stud, then bought bolts of the same thread and bolted the seat to all 6 mounting points. Raised my seat 2", no regrets.
Can you post pictures of your mod?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Sport
44 Posts
I did a little research on the square tube seat riser modification and came up with [email protected] who makes the risers. He gave me this information and gave his permission to share:

I have them in 1in are $42.50 1.5in are $45.00 and 2in are $47.50 usd shipping, hardware and instructions included.

I ordered one set of the 1.5 inch. He just did a PayPal request and now I'm waiting to get delivery. The price above is per seat. My wife, vertically challenged, didn't want one so I just ordered one for the driver side.
Earl is also a member of this fourm. Search members for Earlt.peeples

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
^^^ Did 60 mile trail run from home garages today with Earl's (1.5") seat risers in place. Great improvement in forward visibility while providing better posture and position relative to foot controls and dead foot pedal. My buddy wants some too, so another order placed today!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts