Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture 002.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 005.jpg I tackled the seat frame today, but took a slightly different approach. Of course I eliminated the adjuster rails which droped the seat down a little, but it hit the simi-circular seat rail gusset toward the rear. Took a Dremal tool and notched the simi-circular gusset so the bottom rail would drop in flush. The welded on seat latch also got in the way so I cut that piece off as well. Smoothed out the welds in the rear for a good flush fit. Drilled 4-holes and bolted it back together for a test fit. It was about three fingers from touching the harness bar so I called it good. Also took off the seat back and bolted it to the seat rail, just used the screw holes and punched them out a bit, not a big job. Now I need to buy a die to cut threads on the two seat posts attached to the Maverick frame and trim the rubber feet on which slides over the posts and cinch her down. I like the feel of the seat that far back. I wonder what Can-Am's target was in terms of driver height, seems like 5'3" to 5'10". Are people smaller is Canada? Picture 001.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice mod

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job….I was leery about cutting the gussets since I am 245 lbs so I replaced the seat slider with some 1" square tube and sprayed it with textured spray liner in a can to match the stock powder coating texture….I would like the lower seating position though….I might have my buddy weld in some additional gussets and remove the spacer rails.

IMG_0224.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if that seat rail breaks, heaven forbid, I will have to put in a formal request to the Admiral for new seats-ha-cuz you can't drive a new Maverick with a broken driver's seat (sales pitch)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
oh man....I didn't think of it that way! :cool2:

·
Registered
256 Posts

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts