Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Tire Auto part Automotive tire Wheel Fender Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Metal I tackled the seat frame today, but took a slightly different approach. Of course I eliminated the adjuster rails which droped the seat down a little, but it hit the simi-circular seat rail gusset toward the rear. Took a Dremal tool and notched the simi-circular gusset so the bottom rail would drop in flush. The welded on seat latch also got in the way so I cut that piece off as well. Smoothed out the welds in the rear for a good flush fit. Drilled 4-holes and bolted it back together for a test fit. It was about three fingers from touching the harness bar so I called it good. Also took off the seat back and bolted it to the seat rail, just used the screw holes and punched them out a bit, not a big job. Now I need to buy a die to cut threads on the two seat posts attached to the Maverick frame and trim the rubber feet on which slides over the posts and cinch her down. I like the feel of the seat that far back. I wonder what Can-Am's target was in terms of driver height, seems like 5'3" to 5'10". Are people smaller is Canada? Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Metal

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice mod

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job….I was leery about cutting the gussets since I am 245 lbs so I replaced the seat slider with some 1" square tube and sprayed it with textured spray liner in a can to match the stock powder coating texture….I would like the lower seating position though….I might have my buddy weld in some additional gussets and remove the spacer rails.

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah if that seat rail breaks, heaven forbid, I will have to put in a formal request to the Admiral for new seats-ha-cuz you can't drive a new Maverick with a broken driver's seat (sales pitch)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
oh man....I didn't think of it that way! :cool2:

·
Registered
256 Posts

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts