Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the rear window net, I have four point seat belts with the bar just wondering what any of you did to the net where you put the seat belt thru. I'm going to have to cut a 3" slit just wanted to see if anybody put some kind of of trim or bezel, if you did what did you use and where do I get it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just cut a slit in mine. I was worried it was going to spread but it's doing fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
After you make your cuts you can do a few things to keep it from unraveling.
You can take a lighter and melt ends where you cut it. Just becareful not to melt a big hole.
Or another method that works good is to use hot glue. Just apply a thin bead around the cut.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just cut it and don't worry about it. It will be fine. On a side nite the 14 net comes with a spot to cut for the harnesses.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just moved my net back to the rear roll bar at the very bottom , behind the harness bar. Didn't have to cut anything. So my harness bar is in front of the net now. There is only one strap that is not connected around the roll bar at the bottom of the net, but it still stays tight and no cuts.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just moved my net back to the rear roll bar at the very bottom , behind the harness bar. Didn't have to cut anything. So my harness bar is in front of the net now. There is only one strap that is not connected around the roll bar at the bottom of the net, but it still stays tight and no cuts.
This is what I did as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Cool thanks I ordered them thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make sure you order eight you have to drill holes and sandwiches two of them together, I would get a few extra just in cade you drill the hole wrong.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya thats what i did i figured they were in halves and ordered 8 of them. There pretty cheap on price so if i screw it up ill order more.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
nice work fella's

·
Registered
1 Posts
In everyday traffic the safety belt is still the number one lifesaver, in spite of the airbag. The belt is the prerequisite for ensuring that the airbag can protect effectively. Without a belt, the airbags would be nowhere near as effective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts