Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run seat harnesses but i have the rear vinyl soft window to keep the dust from drafting back into cab. Has anybody modified there's to get the harnesses to the bar? Also how do the harnesses attach to the bar? Are they bolted to it via a metal clasp of some sort and if so do the bars have threaded bolt holes already built in?

Chris

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the the fine mesh rear wind screen and I used a hot knife to cut a slit in it behind each seat where I had marked it. I figured by cutting it with a hot knife it would keep if from tearing. I haven't had any issues with it and you really don't notice it. My harnesses mount by looping them around the bar and then weaving back through a buckle. I think most mount that way.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
unless you have a 2014 model and get the BRP harness bar which has bolt on buckles and a quick release, they are all buckled on...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i pulled up some youtube videos and seen how they mount. Just trying to figure out how to make the straps go thru the clear vinyl window. Probably make round holes instead of slits so the vinyl dont start tearing apart.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you are running 3" harnesses. I would suggest making a two 4" slits with about a 1/2" opening and round off the ends of the opening. The belts will not move around that much to tear the vinyl.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I'm going to try that. Do the 3 inch harnesses go thru the seat back opening without issues wearing them? Like them rubbing your neck or whatever. I see the over priced brp ones are 2 inch.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
unless you have a 2014 model and get the BRP harness bar which has bolt on buckles and a quick release, they are all buckled on...
Not sure which bar youre are referring to but the new BRP harness bar that has attachments for the quick release BRP harness will not fit the 2013 Xrs. I bought the bar and returned it but kept the BRP harnesses. I plan to have 4 eyebolt welded to my UTV Inc harness bar. The issue is that the harness bar is about 3/4" - 1" too wide. The 2014 cage is wider at least at the rear. The instructions specifically says that the harness bar will not fit 2013 models. The catalog also shows that the bar is for 2014 or newer models. There is a thread on this forum that talks about this issue. Another member explains he had the same fit issue.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Not sure which bar youre are referring to but the new BRP harness bar that has attachments for the quick release BRP harness will not fit the 2013 Xrs. I bought the bar and returned it but kept the BRP harnesses. I plan to have 4 eyebolt welded to my UTV Inc harness bar. The issue is that the harness bar is about 3/4" - 1" too wide. The 2014 cage is wider at least at the rear. The instructions specifically says that the harness bar will not fit 2013 models. The catalog also shows that the bar is for 2014 or newer models. There is a thread on this forum that talks about this issue. Another member explains he had the same fit issue.
I think you read my post wrong because that is exactly what I was saying too. I bought one and it didn't fit....I had to educate 2 different dealerships before we determiend Can Am did not sell one for the 2013 and older Mavericks and Commanders....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ya I'm going to try that. Do the 3 inch harnesses go thru the seat back opening without issues wearing them? Like them rubbing your neck or whatever. I see the over priced brp ones are 2 inch.
I have the 3" and they fit thru the seat fine.....I will say that they do tend to run your neck a bit if you don't have a collar on your shirt.....I am fine with it but my Wife and son complained about it at first.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the 3 inch pro armors and utv inc bar from Tyler at devious powersports tonight so I'm going to try it both ways thru the seat and around the sides when it gets here.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you are a big guy with broad shoulders, you can get away with going around the seat......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol ya im am im 5'11" 275

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You should be fine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts