Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, I'm a big boy. I'll admit to wearing a size 40 pants and I'm 6'4". So I installed a set of Crow 3" padded harness straps for safety since they were the same I had in my Teryx, and I liked them. Now on the Teryx the mount for the lap belts was a bit higher than the Maverick and I actually had plenty of extra slack in the belts. But on the Maverick I have to run those things as big as they'll go and the fit is about right. So as long as I don't go to Billy Bob's Big Buffet before a ride I don't have a problem. But now my buddy has bought a Mav Max and the lap belt on the front left mounts up about 9" lower even than the right side. So when he installes his Crow belts I think some people will have a problem with the length of the belts. We've been kicking around what might make a good extension for these things short of grinding the rivet off the buckle from the driver's side and thought I'd throw it out there to some of you. I wouldn't mind some 2" extensions on my belts either and I know there's a lot of guys out there that make me look small. I know somebody out there has to be dealing with this now too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
UTV Inc belts are long and work well in the MAX. You could use a piece of 2inch by 1/8 flat stock cut it 3 inches long drill two holes grind corners and use grade 8 bolt and it would work or have tabs welded in.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he already ordered some CROW belts. We are considering just using flat strap extensions. Think I even have a few feet of 2" at the house.
Regular seat belt extensions are not rigid and would constantly slip down to the bottom and all the up and down over the years would likely cause some snags on the belt from rubbing on stuff.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think he already ordered some CROW belts. We are considering just using flat strap extensions. Think I even have a few feet of 2" at the house.
Regular seat belt extensions are not rigid and would constantly slip down to the bottom and all the up and down over the years would likely cause some snags on the belt from rubbing on stuff.
Just buy some of the belt material and take it to a shop that does canvas work and they can undo the end going into the buckle that bolts to the frame and sew in the extensions. They will be short enough you might not even see them around the sides of the seat…They will be more than strong enough. So unless you are racing and are required to have specific belts, you will be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts