I got tired of the rubber feet in the back of the seat base allowing so much movement. I removed them, and this lowered the back of the seat 3/4". I then cut away a little bit of the plastic surrounding the base mount so it would rest on the frame. I put a 1/2" washer in the large holes that were left where the rubber feet were and welded them in. I notched a bit of plastic from where the latch is so it would move freely. I then welded a u-bolt in for the latch to latch onto, because it no longer lined up with the original pin. The og pin was also bending do to the rubber feet allowing too much movement. The u-bolt will be stronger. I did unbolt the seat from the base when I started this project. The seat now leans back farther, is lower, feels more comfortable, and this eliminated about 80-90% of the free play. I also welded a thick piece of steel into the latch where it strikes the pin so it won't wear so much.