Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing very worn out front and rear bearings. I am not sure what seals to put on inside and outside of knuckle. Any pics out there? Thanks so much

·
Registered
814 Posts
Pics are in the shop manual and every parts dealers website ......look at the expanded views to understand what parts may or may not be needed

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon!

Since this section is "Member Introduction" you might want to edit your post with introducing yourself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello there, my name is Jon, I’m in N.E. Ohio. I am working on my 2013 Can Am maverick XRS. I removed all 4 wheel bearings of which two of them fell out in pieces. As I believe I suffer from ADHD I took them all apart in a wonderful flurry of action. Bought a small shop press and successfully got them out and in. I have printed page from local dealer showing NO seals on front or back of bearing area. although I did scan through BRP diagram which does show a seal on backside of bearing on front. The page they gave me for the rear does not show any either. Just wondering how everyone else puts them back together. Thanks

·
Hickory, NC
2,959 Posts
Welcome
Fronts require seals but rears don’t
Bearings are all the same. Stay away from JUNKY All Balls company, they use plastic inner cages. I can blow through a set of those in one day in WV. Gorrila ain’t much better
I’m back to stock units which are 3 times the cost but will last 3-5 days of punishment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your reply. I just finished the fronts.Already bought and pressed in the AllBalls bearings. 150ft/lbs on castle nut. (seemed like a lot?). Starting rears now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I just finished the fronts.Already bought and pressed in the AllBalls bearings. 150ft/lbs on castle nut. (seemed like a lot?). Starting rears now.
now go back to the front and rip out the all balls crap and throw it in the garbage unless you want a near 100% chance of bearing failure and a lot of damage.

like posted above.....buy oem !!

150 lbs on the axle nut is low ......I use 180-200 ......manual is 177

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input! Quick story. I removed the front knuckles to correctly install the seals. I noticed that on right side, the new AllBalls bearing had already “separated” on the outside. Not sure why, or what happened. But I have ordered new oem bearings. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts